Rum Factory Tour

crusinmom

We are traveling with a party of 9, including 4 grandparents and would like to go do a Rum Factory Tour and then to Seven Mile Beach for some snorkling (or we could do beach then Rum Tour since we arrive in the morning).

How far is the Rum Factory from the ship? Will a taxi take us there and then will we be able to find another taxi to take us to the beach?

How much would this cost approx (remember we are a party of 9).

Thanks so much for the info.

I think this is referencing the Rum Cake Factory. Rum Cake is the #1 export of the Cayman Islands, last I heard the figures. Small country. :D

There is no actual distillery in Cayman. Tortuga Rum Company produces a blended product with rum from other locales. Yummy stuff.

No rum distillery. They import the rum, and blend and bottle it here. They do bake their delicious rum cakes here, with the main bakery located not too far from downtown. There is another small bakery right by the turtle farm with a window so you can watch the process.

As a local I give kudos to them. The Tortuga Rum Company gave generously of their resources to coordinate the shipment of relief supplies in the wake of the big hurricane back in 2004. They used their Miami warehouse as a staging area and helped with the details of international shipping to get needed donated materials to the island. Great job!

Archived