San Juan from 5:00 pm - 12:00 am??

gquest

I am not getting a whole lot of ideas on the San Juan board, so I thought I might try my luck here. A few things to take into consideration, (1) there is considerable moonlight on the night I am there, so Bio Bay can't be done and (2) Legends of PR is all booked. Any recommendations? Thank you advance.

Wear slacks and dress shoes if man and lady wear sun dress and go to the bars or even the clubs for a great time! But they will not let you in if you wear shorts and sneakers. If you want to soak up a little culture, you could wear sneakers and do the Princess Walk (name?) it is a pathway that you walk along that winds thru the city and by the ocean and is lite up the whole way! This is a self guided tour and has street light s the whole way. You will see it frequented by tourist and locals alike. It is very romantic, I promise. My children love to do this walk when we are here and so does my husband!

Try this website for more PR info, they are beautiful, friendly people!

Enjoy yourself and have a Cuba Libre for me too! (rum and coke with a lime)

http://www.gotopuertorico.com/go_cultureHistory.php?language=english&page=55

Have you already seen OSJ or is this your first time?? I love the Isla Verde area and may have already suggested this on the other boards, so sorry if this is a repeat.... I'd go to the Water Club Boutique Hotel and have dinner at Tangerine (Latin/Japanese/American Fusion) and hop of the elevators afterwards to the rooftop (called "Wet")to party and experience the San Juan beautiful night view of the city and surrounding areas. It would be great for sunset as well. They also have the best Sushi Bar on the island on the roof as well as a pool area.

http://www.waterclub.com

There are plenty of places to stop in, gamble, party, etc in the Isla Verde area. It's about 15 minutes from the Pier.

BTW, we went on the Biolumenscent Bay tour a couple years ago and really enjoyed it even though the moon was at least half full.

The bus ride was a trip. No kidding, this is how the driver talked:

"Ladies and gentlemen, in Puerto Rico we are known for our pharmaceutical industries ladies and gentlemen. Ladies and gentlemen, if you look out to the left you can see the large plant where, ladies and gentlemen, they make such drugs as ***** ladies and gentlemen. Ladies and gentlemen, in Puerto Rico....." and on and on and on and on and on.

Ladies and gentlemen, it was hilarious!!!:D

Also, we did not go on a kayak tour - she pronounced it "Ky-Jack."

The wife and I still laugh about it. We do NOT laugh about the way she drove, especially on the way back to the boat when we were late. :eek: :eek:

BTW, we went on the Biolumenscent Bay tour a couple years ago and really enjoyed it even though the moon was at least half full.

The bus ride was a trip. No kidding, this is how the driver talked:

"Ladies and gentlemen, in Puerto Rico we are known for our pharmaceutical industries ladies and gentlemen. Ladies and gentlemen, if you look out to the left you can see the large plant where, ladies and gentlemen, they make such drugs as ***** ladies and gentlemen. Ladies and gentlemen, in Puerto Rico....." and on and on and on and on and on.

Ladies and gentlemen, it was hilarious!!!:D

You forgot to mention the shop "Condom World." Our bus happened to stop at a traffic signal where we were eye level to a store named "Condom World." We just looked at each other and started laughing...by the way, must be a chain there because we saw at least one other on the drive to Laguna Grande. And yes...of course...we took a picture!:cool:

How is the Bacardi Tour? I was thinking about going on that if I hear good reviews.

The 2 free drinks were great. The rest is mostly an audio-visual tour except it's done on the grounds. The ferry ride over was sort of nice also. I took it from the Triumph just after thanksgiving.

Not quite sure why you couldn't just follow the lengends tour around ? Its a walking tour and I don't think they go anywhere not open to the general public. May not be able to here all the dialog, but would be cheaper. Just take pictures of whatever everyone else takes pictures of?

And there might be last minute cancellations or no shows allowing you to really join the tour.

Senor Frogs. Great place and its walking distance from the ship. Just keep an eye on your watch because it is easy for time to slip away from you there. When you get back to the ship, head for the Pizzeria and grab a drink and a table for sail away. If you are looking for something quieter on sail away, head up to F-Deck. By that time of night it should be deserted. Either way, have a blast.

Archived