Celebrity with Kids?

ToroAzul

There will be more kids on shorter itineraries (7 days or less).  With that being said, we took our then 7 and 3 year olds on their first cruise for 12 nights around Norway.  There were less than 10 kids on the whole ship (including babies) and only 5 used the kids club at all.  My kids loved the cruise and the kids club.  Great personalized attention and everyone was able to enjoy the trip and didn’t need slides, bumper cars, or wave pools. 

We've sailed on Celebrity Summit twice with our son (he was 11 and then 12 on the cruises).  To put things in perspective, we have also done 5 Disney cruises, 3 NCL, Paul Gauguin and Lindblad.  He really enjoys Celebrity.  It's very laid back compared to DCL and NCL.  The kids clubs are much smaller and more personal and, because of that, he had an easier time making friends in his age group.  Except on sea days, he also, typically, only spent evenings in the kids club.  The rest of the time was spent on shore excursions and having meals with us.  I think if your kids are ok with a less sensory-overloaded experience (my son really couldn't handle the chaos of the DCL kids clubs any longer), they will enjoy themselves. 

• Like 1

My 5 year old preferred celebrity over Disney.  With Disney, there was just too much going on and you could not find playmates as kids just ran everywhere.  With celebrity is was more intimate and you had kids you could play with.  

Update. Broke down and added the kids to our February trip; switched to a seven day on Apex. 

My host reached out to Celebrity. X wanted $2400 to add them to our cabin but only $1400 for a second, connecting veranda cabin 🤔.

Looking forward to returning to X after an almost decade and a half break. The only bummer is my daughter was looking forward to seeing Grease.

• Like 1