Aft cabins on Empress OTS

Eliger

I realize there is another section for cabin selections, but most people visiting that site are looking for answers! I had posted a question there, but got no reply.

Has anyone here stayed in one of the Aft cabins on deck 7 on the Empress of the Seas? These cabins are directly above Boleros lounge. So, can you hear the music from the lounge in your stateroom? Or is it annoying enough to avoid booking one of these cabins?

I would appreciate any comments on this. Thanks!

Hi...I cannot answer your question re noise from Boleros, But, I do have an observation about the size of these "Junior Suites". If you are thinking to book any of these on the very aft of the ship, be aware they do not have a sitting area as do the others on port and starboard, Deck9. We had booked into #7188, only to change to Deck 9, midships because of this. In reading past threads, they also state there was a "soot" problem. Remember, these JS were on the back of the ship, so if you are posting concerning oceanview staterooms, this info wouldn't be of any use, I guess....Helen

Thank you Laoghaire for your reply. Yes it is regarding a balcony stateroom or Junior Suite in the aft of deck 7. If you did some research about these cabins and you decided to go to deck 9, it is a good indication that we should also consider doing this. If anyone has a different opinion, I would be happy to hear it.

Thanks!

HI Again...We called RCI twice regarding the actual size of #7188, two weeks after we booked it. "They' both told me it was 194 sq.ft. Fortunately, I didn't believe them!! Can't remember what thread I saw personal info re the staterooms, will try to find them and will post them...Helen

I was in room 8686 and the room below me was 7686 so I asked the people and they have no couch or sitting area. you balcony is the same size as the side ones on deck 9. the only difference is you haven't a roof over your head as the side ones do. also your room is 10 by 15 not counting the bath room. I posted some photos at http://community.webshots.com/user/vlnovak. go to the ship photos. If you have a choice I would go to 9. much nicer rooms. however if you can go to 8686 or 9686 you do get twice the size in balcony space. 7686 is half the size of 8686. yes there is soot when in port which is alot of the time.

We had 7690 a few years ago.

No sitting area.

But the balcony was double the ones next to it.

It held 2 lounge chairs and a regular chair and small table

I recomend it if you arent prone to seasickness.

It was a bit rollie back there (of course it was the roughest cruise Ive ever been on).

Also there was some soot, but not enough to deter me for doing to again.

I never heard the noise for Boleros.

However i did hear the ping ponging a deck or 2 down at 1-2 am.

Couldnt sleep out there that night

We have a balcony on deck 9 this time. Hope we have smooth sailing

Archived