Tampa Doubltree or Quorum

crisp1

I've been checking out Hotwire for our pre-cruise stay and it looks like I can get the Doubletree for $70 per night, or the Quorum for $90. There will be 3 of us in the room, and I like a hotel with decent room service and internet in the room (wifi preferably). Any recommendations? Thanks

I can't help you with your discision on which hotel. Reviews on the Quorum sound better than the Doubletree. I have been wanting the Doubletree because of their shuttle service to the port and then from the port to the airport after the cruise. We are sailing on March 2nd, so I need to get something booked soon. Valuetrips is no longer offering the Amerisuites for the date I need, so at this point I don't even have a back-up!! Hopefuly someone will help us both out with some good advice. Keep us informed as to what you decide.

I just ckecked hotwire and right now it looks like you could get the Quorum for $101. It may go down, or up. I've found that the use of the shuttle is really relative. We booked the amerasuites in FLL because they had the shuttle- our flight was delayed- got there after 10 pm- no shuttle, next morning 15 people with loads of baggage waiting for the shuttle- we took an $8 cab instead.

I know, it's not FLL, but, bottom line, what are you looking for? I want a hotel that has a restuarant and room service. The shuttle is nice, but a good breakfast for 4 may cancel that out ( 4x $15?) I still don't know. If you can book a reservation that's cancellable somewhere ( that your willing to put up with) and wait until about 2 weeks before your date , you might get lucky

We'll be checking into Doubletree Westshore on Feb. 19. I was able to get the government rate of $104 for the king executive room and in exchange we get a nice room, continental breakfast, leave our car in their lot while on the cruise and shuttle to the port.

The Doubletree sounds great, but I don't qualify for the goverment rate. The last time I checked it was $229. That's more that I want to spend. I thank-you for your reply and I'll just have to keep checking and hope something turns up! I am getting a little nervous as time is running out for me. I've always had something booked by now. This is our first time sailing out of Tampa, and it has definitly been the most difficult to find a hotel!

The Doubletree sounds great, but I don't qualify for the goverment rate. The last time I checked it was $229. That's more that I want to spend. I thank-you for your reply and I'll just have to keep checking and hope something turns up! I am getting a little nervous as time is running out for me. I've always had something booked by now. This is our first time sailing out of Tampa, and it has definitly been the most difficult to find a hotel!

Are you familiar with priceline and hotwire? The rate I saw was for booking thru Hotwire. Go to Betterbidding.com and check the hotel listings and amenities for Tampa ( that's how you know what you bidding on) the 3.5* in Westport for $101 should be the Quorum. If you decide to book thru hotwire, please go to savingsbarn first and click on the link there- help those who help us:) so there you are :)

Another option would be to book a cancellable room somewhere that you could put up with and wait to see what may pop up on Hotwire the week before your cruise ( you could get lucky)

Thank-you so much for trying to help me out. I'm very familiar with Priceline and how it works. I've been trying a couple of times a week hoping to get something. I've had no luck. I've never used Hotwire. I'm having trouble using Betterbidding finding the list of Hotels. I use Biddingfortravel a lot, but they have no information about Hotwire. Can you tell me how to find the information that you referred to? I've spent quite a bit of time on that site and I just get lost!

knutsoni, Hotwire is easy, and so is betterbidding- no offense to bidding4travel, but you'll get answers from real people without having to fill out forms on betterbidding. Just register and ask questions Theruare is great:)

As far as hotwire goes, on bb( betterbidding) go to fla first, then click on hotel lists, then hotwire, now you need a pen amd paper:) for our cruise you'll go to pinned hotel lists for Tampa Westport. Jot down the * ratings and amenities for the hotels, now ( this is the important part) type in savingsbarn.com and click on hotwire ( this way your purchase will help support BB) type in tampa etc and just check Westport and continue, on the next page you'll see hotels with the * ratings prices and amenities. By comparing the amenities and star ratings to the hotel list you can usually know exactly what you're purchasing.

Priceline is usually more of a gamble as far what you'll get, and if you're willing to gamble, you can get the same hotel for a little less, Sometimes, and in some places I'd rather know what I'm getting, so I will use hotwire, and always BB

Try this link for the hotwire listings

http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?showtopic=67&

I finally went ahead and booked the Quorum for 4/8 pre cruise stay thru hotwire for $97 +17.23. I've been trying to book the Doubltree and keep getting bumped at the last stage- too frustrating. The hotel will show like this on hotwire: Tampa, Westshore 3.5*, customer favorite. Amenities: shuttle, restaurant, pool, fitness, hi speed internet, business, laundry

Thank-you again for your help! You have really went the extra mile! I appreciate your help and I plan to check this out. I did join betterbidding.com last week but had trouble finding what I was looking for. Hopefully now with the help you've given me I will be successful. I will let you know. I think the Quorum sounds like a nice hotel, but I'll see what they offer for my date.

• 7 years later...

I know this is a very old thread... but for other "searching" for this Double Tree Westport ... from what I understand, they no longer offer a shuttle.

though my husband just called and the gal that answered said they did. But I honestly think she is confused, as I found posting and on line that they discontinued this service.

we still booked the room as we got it for $99 a nite. and I could not find another room cheaper.

I know this is a very old thread... but for other "searching" for this Double Tree Westport ... from what I understand, they no longer offer a shuttle.

though my husband just called and the gal that answered said they did. But I honestly think she is confused, as I found posting and on line that they discontinued this service.

we still booked the room as we got it for $99 a nite. and I could not find another room cheaper.

According to this link, the DoubleTree Westshore does offer the port shuttle. Perhaps you need to book the cruise pkg to receive it ???

http://www.parkingstay.com/p/tampa.html