Snorkle/Dive in Kauai

SeaYa52

Any suggestions for a snorkle tour in Kauai? We have spent a week on Kauai - and loved exploring the island; on that trip we did the Napali Explorer Zodiac (loved it) and the Holoholo all day sail/snorkle out to the Forbidden Island (forgot the name ....CRS) which we loved too. Out time is limited this trip since we'll be on a cruise. We'll be in port from 7am - 3pm. Would appreciate any suggestions - we coul always book through the ship - but usually find better deals on my own.

:-)

Thanks,

Sandy

We were in Kauai last summer on NCL cruise, so it was like you a day time stay. We started with a helicopter tour in the morning. It was fantastic, over Waimea Canyon, Napali Coast, etc. Then we drove north all the way to the end of the road and snorkeled at the Ke'e Beach. It was pretty good. We were at first planning to go to Tunnel Beach, but ran out of time. There is no marking for Tunnel Beach, and we spent the time at the Ke'e Beach instead.

Depending on when is your cruise, I've heard the northern Kauai is not good for snorkeling during winter. But going south to Poipu Beach is good year-round.

Even though you've done the boat tours of Napali beach, if you haven't done the helicopter tour, definitely consider it. Then you can still drive south for snorkeling.

Thanks for your suggestions - we've done a helicopter tours on both Kauai and Maui - and spent alot of time exploring the whole island - the only water tours we did on Kauai were the zodiac and Holoholo - which we loved - but I doubt they would fit in the time in port. We're looking for a nice snorkle tour - that we haven't done. I'm a diver, but DH isn't - so it would have to be snorkle.

Thanks for sharing.

Sandy

• 2 months later...
Any suggestions for a snorkle tour in Kauai? We have spent a week on Kauai - and loved exploring the island; on that trip we did the Napali Explorer Zodiac (loved it) and the Holoholo all day sail/snorkle out to the Forbidden Island (forgot the name ....CRS) which we loved too. Out time is limited this trip since we'll be on a cruise. We'll be in port from 7am - 3pm. Would appreciate any suggestions - we coul always book through the ship - but usually find better deals on my own.

:-)

Thanks,

Sandy

Best bet is Zodiak tour of Napali coast that stops to snorkel and lunch on a secluded beach. Second choice is to rent a car, head up toward Princeville and go to Tunnels and/or Kee beach. South side snorkelling kind of sucks.

Archived