I got a credit on my Legend Cruise!!

mflus

I am so excited! Last night I called my PVP at Carnival & asked about the "sale" that he sent me an email about. He gave me the speech about how you really don't qualify,it is for new bookings only..blah blah blah!!! But I stood my ground & said after all my Carnival Cruises I have been on, I have never asked this. And I want him to look into it! I knew we were not going to get an upgrade, we are already in a suite. But an board credit in my pocket will just go right back into Carnival's pocket! Then, he started to change the subject & that annoyed me! I think he wanted me to forget all about it! He said,he would have to talk to a supervisor(like that was a hard thing to do!) if I really wanted him to...??!! He said he might call me back that night.. And he did about 45 minutes later & I got a $450 on board credit!!! I think you really have to be persistant with them or else they will talk you out of even trying either to get you a credit or an upgrade. Sorry this is so long.....I just wanted to tell you about it!

Legend....June 24th!!!

It's like having to deal with car salesmen. icon_mad.gif

Glad you were persistent!!!

Good for you! $450 is a LOT of money, for just a few minutes on the phone standing your ground!!

I believe in Miracles

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;6;19;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

MIRACLE JUNE 19, 2004

Calm Seas, Good Friends

Wow, that's great. We'll be on the same cruise as you. I read all these posts about getting on board credit, but I've never had the experience. I keep checking prices on line and I can't find any cheaper than we paid and we paid a lot.

Barb

Legend 6/04

Conquest 2/03

Thanks! I just kept reading about how so many people got a credit & thought it didn't hurt to ask about it!

**Hey Barb...you don't live too far from me, we are in Albany! You are on our cruise too? Thats great! We should all book a limo-bus for the ride down to NYC!! LOL Are you cruising with your kids? We are, 18y/o daughter & 15y/o son!

MFLUS: You are so lucky, I called my agent & they called Carnival, I am already booked & our sailing is May 23rd, they said this is for NEW bookings only, and therefore cannot do anything for me. You can't possibly provide me with your booking number so that I can prove that this does occur & that I am not the only person who is asking for this special? Thanks for your help. My E-mail address is Craigfw@aol.com

mflus - You are SO lucky. I called my T/A who in turn called Carnival, (I am already booked & scheduled to sail May 23rd). They told me that this is for NEW bookings only, & that I do not qualify. I told them that I know for a fact that other people after reading about them on these boards are receiving credits for old bookings, they told me I need booking numbers to prove this??? Any help would be appreciated Craigfw@aol.com.

mflus - You are SO lucky. I called my T/A who in turn called Carnival, (I am already booked & scheduled to sail May 23rd). They told me that this is for NEW bookings only, & that I do not qualify. I told them that I know for a fact that other people after reading about them on these boards are receiving credits for old bookings, they told me I need booking numbers to prove this??? They think I am making this up.????? Any help would be appreciated Craigfw@aol.com.

Past guest specials came out Monday. The one day sale would have given us an 8a with upgrade for $922pp. However the past guest promo would give us an 8a for $822pp. We are in an 8b and wanted to keep our same cabin so we did get our price adjusted by $100. It was $872pp. Also keep in mind that the online prices don't show the many specials that are available such as past guest or resident specials. As a matter of fact, it still shows our 8b as $939pp. Calling Carnival is better. Speak to a PVP. They will go out of their way to do things for you.

The difference in a PVP and an outside travel

agent ... outside travel agents earn comissions

based on the cruise price... a Carnival PVP is paid per booking (not based on price).

mflus,

We're cruising with our kids 15 yo girl and 11 yo boy and with my in-laws and their kids 17 yo girl, 15 yo boy and 2-12 yo boys. There's 12 of us so we booked a van from Northeast Shuttle. It's costing us $75 pp but we didn't want the hassle of driving into NYC.

Legend 6/04

Conquest 2/03

Congrats on your Credits hope you have a wonderful cruise

Think I am thru with Carnival..that sale was a scam!!!! Rates went up day before sale so if you wanted to get upgraded it wouldn't work cause the rates you paid is lower than the one they give the upgrade to. I think thats sorry way to do business..just my opinion...!

Cyt

Atlantic

Oceanic

Norway

Enchantment of the Seas

Destiny

Voyager of the Seas

Conquest March 30th 2003

Glory May 29th 2004

Archived