Excursions in Barbados??

bulldogmom

Hi everyone,

DH and I will be visiting Barbados for the second time next February and are looking for some excursion tips. The first time we visited we did the 5-star catamaran and turtle encounter and absolutely loved it. This time I think we'd like to see the island a bit. Any tips on which excursions are good or which excursions allow you to see the most and best stuff??

Thanks in advance

A private tour will always be the best way to see "more". This is mainly due to the fact that you are not waiting for 40-50 other people to get on the bus, get off the bus, go to the bathroom, etc etc.

Please see the thread I posted regarding our private tour with Cameron Reid when we returned from our 11/26 Serenade cruise - as well as the other reviews for him.....there are no bad ones !!!

His website is http://www.scenicbarbados.com and it shows a few of the options BUT HE WILL TAKE YOU WHERE YOU WANT, TO SEE WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE AND DO..... He will ask you what your interests are and that is what you will get. He knows pretty much everything about everything (history, politics, folklore, culture etc etc.) We had a wonderful 6.5 hours of PRIVATE TOUR

We went to Barbados on our cruise to the Southern Caribbean last month. Before the cruise I booked a private tour of the island with William Drayton, whom I had read about on Cruise Critic. You can call him at 246-428-6831 or 246-230-5800. We were very pleased with everything about the tour. William knows the island and its history well. He has a brand new van that seats 12, but he didn't mind that there were only 3 of us. He charged $30 per person for a 2 1/2 hour tour, but I'm sure you could take a longer tour if you wanted to. We asked him to leave us at the beach, and he came back for us later to return us to the ship. I highly recommend this tour :)

• 2 weeks later...

If you are booking a private tour - the sooner the better.

We booked our Dec 1 tour with Cameron Reid around the 1st of July.

When he is full - he's full. He told us while on our tour that he just bought his 12th vehicle (he has vans and cars) and told us what they cost there.......woooooeeee - they are expensive as they have to be shipped in and they have to pay a humongous tax.

He is very prompt returning emails (same day) and we did not give him a credit card or deposit in any form. Paid him after the tour. We also paid for his lunch and tipped him. Neither of these were expected - our choice.

Archived