How are Costa's magica's Breakfast meals in main dining Rooms.

JoeandSheryl

Just returned from the 1/29 Magica sailing. We enjoyed all but one breakfast in the dining room (we slept in one morning and ate at the buffet). They request that you have breakfast in the same dining room as your dinner. The service was excellent - at times it seemed like the waiters were falling over each other filling the coffee cups after each sip.

Every morning, except for the last day, they have eggs benedict and omletes. The eggs benedict were excellent. The waffle is a large Belgium style, also excellent. The pastries, on a silver tray, were delicious. Have a great cruise!

Hey "packercruising" - I went to college in Northern MN, and there were lots of Packer Backers from Northern WI. Those were fun days! You will have a wonderful time on the Magica. After reading all the negative reviews, I wasn't expecting anything grand. Luckily, I was happily surprised. Our waiter, Javier from Peru, was very attentive. If you wanted two entrees or three appetizers, nothing was a problem. On the first formal night, I wanted the beef wellington and the shrimp entree on the same plate. No problem. This would not be possible on Celebrity, HAL, or Princess. You must try the escargot that first formal night - the best I have ever had. We even told the maitre 'd, and he had the kitchen prepare it again, just for us, on the last evening. Talk about service!

There will be a Caribbean night, an Italian night, and, of course, the toga night. On the Italian night you can wear the colors of the flag - red, green, and/or white. If you think you might wear a toga, lots of people do, you might want to bring a white t-shirt/tank top and shorts. The cruise staff is great on those theme nights. On the Italian night they are making crepe paper flowers, glitter masks, and crowning the pizza king. During the passport night there will be Greek dancing, French can can dancing, and Spanish bullfighting.

Cheers!

On the Caribbean/tropical night there is a big deck party by the midship pool. It starts at around 10:30pm, and they put a paper lei on you as you walk outside. Lots of music, dancing, and more food. So, if you have something tropical you should wear it that evening.

On the passport night they have four different programs - Greek, French, Spanish, and Morocco (I think). The shows run about fifteen minutes, with another fifteen minutes between to get to the next country. The atrium hosted the Greek music and dancing, while the farthest aft lounge had the French can can dancing. The disco had Morocco, and the center lounge had Spanish music and the bullfighter. Lots of people were out and about, and it seemed like everyone was having a good time.

I wonder if this is going to happen on our cruise because we are part of the Irish Festival Cruise . There is 500 of us and 25 entertainers from Ireland on the ship with us. I'm sure some of the stuff will be a bit different plus we have to fit in valentine's day too. I'm so excited only 2 more days til we sail.

Actually there will be a couple from Duluth in our group. We have over 80 Packer fans and some Packer players going and many of us will have Packer Green and Gold togas! If you don't mind I will share your responses with the Packer Board Cruise thread.

Glad you had a great time!:D My wife loves escargot.:)

Hey "packercruising" - I went to college in Northern MN, and there were lots of Packer Backers from Northern WI. Those were fun days! You will have a wonderful time on the Magica. After reading all the negative reviews, I wasn't expecting anything grand. Luckily, I was happily surprised. Our waiter, Javier from Peru, was very attentive. If you wanted two entrees or three appetizers, nothing was a problem. On the first formal night, I wanted the beef wellington and the shrimp entree on the same plate. No problem. This would not be possible on Celebrity, HAL, or Princess. You must try the escargot that first formal night - the best I have ever had. We even told the maitre 'd, and he had the kitchen prepare it again, just for us, on the last evening. Talk about service!

There will be a Caribbean night, an Italian night, and, of course, the toga night. On the Italian night you can wear the colors of the flag - red, green, and/or white. If you think you might wear a toga, lots of people do, you might want to bring a white t-shirt/tank top and shorts. The cruise staff is great on those theme nights. On the Italian night they are making crepe paper flowers, glitter masks, and crowning the pizza king. During the passport night there will be Greek dancing, French can can dancing, and Spanish bullfighting.

Cheers!

Archived