What Are The "must Do & See In Grand Cayman?

CruznJen

We Will Be In G.c. In Oct. On The Miracle. (we Were Supposed To Visit In Sept. Of 04 But Was Cxld. Due To The Hurricane) We Are Very Excited We Are Finally Getting To Visit The Island! We Are "water" People. So Doing The Rays And Some Snorkeling Is A Must! Thought About Going To Rum Point, But Seven Mile Seems It Would Save Us Some Time? Is The Trip To Hell Really Worth It? And Where Is The Rum Cake Factory In Realtion To The Shopping Area? We Usually Just Shop A Little, But Plan To Make Some Time For Margaritaville!! Any Ideas, Feedback, Suggestions Are Much Appreciated!!!!!!

No margeritaville in gc. I booked through Native way we did the rays reef and rum point. We got to spend plenty of time at th3e rays and snorkling then to rum point beach to relax heard you could find stuff there if you snorkel we sat in the sun. Rum cake available everywhere even mack on the ship. Did not go to hell but would like too. Read my review 2 thumbs up for native way to hear it all.

There is a Hard Rock Cafe, but no Margaritaville yet. I think it is planned, but still in the early stages (maybe summer time I heard).

Hell? Depends on if you want a cool t-shirt, bumper sticker, magent, etc. It will only be about a 15-20 min stop and you go by the Turtle Farm/Rum Cake Factory on the way. Seven Mile Beach will definitely save you some time for travel. I haven't been to Rum Point so I can't say if it is better or not.

Rum Cake Factory is not near the main shopping area in town, but there is an "outlet" store in town to make your purchases at.

You should just ask to be back a little earlier. They are ready to help anyway possible. They drop you off right a cross the street from where you catch the tenders and everything in in walking distance. We got back and sw this line for tenders the wrapped around the block and panicked but it moves fast so kep that in mind.

Well I Think We Figured It Out! We Have 2 Tours Set Up (there's A Nice Size Group Of Us) One Doing The Rays/reef/rumpoint & The Other Doing A City Tour - Sightseeing Etc. On The City Tour, They Are Going To Customize It So They Can Pick Where They Go. Any Odd Suggestions Other Than The Norm Hell, Turtle Farm, Etc? For Those Who Have Done The Rays/reef/rumpoint.. Does Anyone Have Any Input On The Videos That Nativeways Offers? I Know They Are A Little Pricey, But Are They Worth It? We Have Purchased Some In The Past. Dunns River Falls, Canopy Tours, Etc. Seems Like Some Were And Some Weren't. Thank You All Soooo Much For Your Help!!!!

CruznJen-is there some reason you capitalize every word in your posts? I'm only mentioning it because it makes them very difficult to read (hard on the eyes) and I wonder if you might get more people reading/responding if you didn't do that. Just a thought for what it's worth...no offense intended at all.

Oh please, no need to apologize. I was just mentioning it because I know a lot of people (me included a good portion of the time) just don't read posts that are too hard on the eyes (including other stuff like those with no paragraphs, punctuation, etc.).

I'm not trying to be the "post police" by any means...just thought I'd mention it makes them hard to read & that might be why you weren't getting so many responses.

:D

I Had Noticed That Also. I Am Not Really Sure Why It Does That? I Do Not Do It On Purpose. Sorry. I Will See If I Can't Figure It Out.:(

It could be because you are typing in all caps and the CC software tries to convert it to small caps. Just type in small caps and it will be easier to read.:)

I'm also looking for GC ideas. Has anyone ever been to the Turtle Farm?

Archived