SOOO confused, LOL

MamaParrotHead

I had all my "research" done for our cruise on the Destiny (S. Caribbean) and now we've decided to do the Victory Western route.

So, there's so much info on here, my head is SPINNING. We're in port from 7-midnight, so we have lots of time. Looking to do some sort of tour and head to a beach. We did Godfrey's tour in St. Thomas last spring, is there anything like that offered in Cozumel? It was a combination sight-seeing tour, with beach and shopping time. Our favorite part of travelling is seeing different cultures and learning about their histories, I'm not sure if there's a "condensed" version of that to be had in Coz (it seems to me that it's kind of spread out and we'd eat up a good chunk of the day just getting from Point A to Point B and so on). There will be 6-8 of us in our early 30's. I'd really prefer not to do a ship excursion.

Anyhoo...also debating between Paradise Beach and Chankanaab. Just looking for calm water to wade/swim in, cool reasonably priced drinks and munchies. The fewer people on the beach trying to peddle their wares, the better, too.

Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks!

guess I should have specified that we're going 4/22/07, LOL. :o
I have doubts that Chankanaab will be open by then, but I'd be happy to be wrong. I'd plan an alternative in any case since the condition of the park won't be know and will likely be less than fully functional when first reopened.

I've never encountered peddlers on any beach in Cozumel.

Playa Palancar meets your description "Just looking for calm water to wade/swim in, cool reasonably priced drinks and munchies. "

Archived