Which Zipline? Roatan or Belize??

smokiebk

since you're not getting any hits on this, I'll jump in, but I've only done the Roatan Zip Line.

The Roatan Zip Line was a blast. You can do the zip line and have plenty of time to enjoy Tabyana beach which has a nice (but crowded) beach, and good snorkeling. Fun, packed day.

Not sure what else you can do that's adventurous in Roatan besides this. Whereas Belize you have more options (cave tubing, swim with sharks, etc)

Our family did the Belize zipline (I believe it was the Jungle Canopy Tour or something like that) last year through Carnival. At that time, there wasn't any zipline tours available not through the ship. While we had a BLAST - it did make for a very long day. It was probably a couple hours ride from the pier to the site and it was soooo hot and humid. (what do you expect from a rainforest??) The zipping was great - I think there were about five or six different zips and a couple of repels (sp?) - straight down. On the way back to the ship our bus broke down and we had to wait for another bus and we didn't have time to do any shopping or sight seeing (other than what we saw on the two hour bus ride to and from). All in all we were glad to have done this excursion - we are an adventure seeking family and this was right on!

We are going to both Roatan and Belize on Valor. I want to do the a cave tubing, and while there is an excursion to do both tubing and zipline, I think they curtail the tubing a bit to get both in.

Rather than rush, we are going to try the zipline in Roatan. We reserved a tour with Victor Bodden. If we can find another couple to tour with, it will be $25 per person, otherwise it is $45 pp, but then we get the driver to ourselves.

On Roatan, we want to also see the place where you can feed the monkeys, and see the orphanage (we'll bring gifts) and have a look at a nice beach.

If anyone else is cruising on Valor on 3/5/06 and wants to do this same thing, post here!

Archived