TA ever charge a consulting fee??

Condocat

37 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

That seems like a very fair system for those that use a TA for planning and research.

I never use a TA for planning and researching vacation options.  I suspect this is the becoming very common.  There are so many free tools available on line. 

I use a TA to get a discount or OBC.  Normally I never cancel a trip, but I would never book with a TA who charges a cancellation or change fee.  IMO my TA spends very little time dealing with my bookings.  They are getting some commission for little or no work.  I feel that I am doing them a favor by not booking direct.

Of course today’s COVID environment is terrible for TAs with all the cancellations.  I feel terrible for the industry.  I hope they were able to get some Government assistance, because the current situation is not their fault.  I will remain loyal to my TAs once cruising and vacations start again.

37 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

I never use a TA for planning and researching vacation options.  I suspect this is the becoming very common.

I will remain loyal to my TAs once cruising and vacations start again.

I deeply respect the work of My  Travel Agent.....and have remained loyal to him for over 20 years.    We have formed a team and a relation where I do all the research  from line to cabin and he goes to the line and cuts a deal and gets extras.   

I appreciate that he can do things I can not , and he appreciates being given a package ready to present  to the line...   A sweetheart deal for us both.   

The longer the loyalty the better the deals.      Some times more  but many times less... sticking with one guy for the long haul is most beneficial.   During the  china covid situation  I had to cancel.. My agent I felt was hurting loosing commission and as he is now a friend  I sent him a check  to help with his loss of business...  I felt it was the right thing to do for the guy who had helped me for so many years and saved me a lot.  Now he needed help..

Too many folks jump from agent to agent price shopping...  penny wise and pound foolish  as with Airlines, Hotels and Cruise lines.. 

loyal repeat customers get perks and $$$$ appreciation ,far beyond the guy who jumps from company to company.

Edited by Hawaiidan
  • Like 3