Seeking advise from the experts

MAN86

I would suggest that you go to the Ports of Call boards. We booked a private tour with Mazatland Frank and it was just wonderful. What began as a 3 hour tour went longer and we ate at a favorite restaurant of his. It was just a great day.

I agree with Judy. Go to the Ports of Call board and scroll to the Mex. Riviera. There is a wealth of info there. Also go to the Roll Call board for Celebrity and find your cruise. There may be alot of people on your cruise that like to chit-chat and you can also get ideas from them.

Marilyn

Hello,

My wife and I went on the 11 day Mercury cruise in November of 2004 and we are going again on the same ship/itinerary on March 27. 2006 because we had a wondeful time on the first cruise.

I'm sure that you wil get many ideas from this board. Here are just a few ideas for you. Please keep in mind that my wife and I have been to several of these ports multiple times, so we can go on our own. But you might want to consider ship sponsored excursions for the peace of mind (that is, not missing the ship).

Cabo - take a small boat trip out to Los Arches and to the other side of the bay. This is a fun ride of about 45 minutes, at $10-12 per person but bargain as there a many boats who do this trip.

Walk around Cabo. There isn'y much here but it is a pleasant walk around the little town. Remember that yu will be tendered in, which is a fun trip in itself because you get spectacular views of the Mercury at water level.

Mazatlan - On our cruise my wife, brother and his wife went on a ship tour upinto the hinterland above Mazatlan. I went into downtown Mazatlan on a green bus (a/c and clean) and saw the Cathredral and about two blocks away there is the Benito Juarez central market. This is a working market unchanged for years and years. You can take the green bus to the Zona Dorada which is the tourist/hotel/Senor Frog area. I spent about $6.00 foall my sightseeing.

I will write more at another time but this is a start.

Fred

They've given you excellent advice about ports and excursions. If you need help with what to do on the ship, what to wear, what there is for dinner, etc go to the Sticky at the top of the Celebrity boards about FAQ. You'll find lots of info there.:)

I would suggest that you go to the Ports of Call boards. We booked a private tour with Mazatland Frank and it was just wonderful. What began as a 3 hour tour went longer and we ate at a favorite restaurant of his. It was just a great day.

Still trying to find you. Please go to our 11 march connie thread and find information to save your friends a bundle with the price reduction on most cabins. We saved $600.00...ricko1 :)

Archived