Latest Delta News

chapdaddy

Lauren, what insurance do you have that will pay if the airline goes on strike? Would it also pay if they go out of business? We just purchased Delta tickets for travel to Europe in Nov. Just a little concerned. The flight insurance we found was for accidents or death benefits.

Thanks for any info.

patsy

I called Delta yesterday to ask about getting a a voucher to use another time. They said it will cost me $50 each ticket and I could use the ticket within one year. I was thinking of doing this to take away from the stress of not knowing if I will be able to fly on April 17th. The problem is I can't find any airfare sales yet. I'm looking for a flight out of either JFK, Newark or LaGuardia to Orlando. Maybe they will have 14 day in advance purchase sales soon.

I will definitely doing the same for our May trip. Will gladly pay the $50 for peace of mind.

I think you may have trouble finding a deal this close to your departure date though :( Good luck!

CSA is my insurance. They told me if Delta goes on strike and the flight is cancelled then they will reimburse me for the full amount.

Thanks, I have CSA too so that is good to know. Now I have to decide when/if to buy an alternate ticket - before the options are gone.

Thanks, Lauren, CSA is the insurance our TA recommends for cruise ins. so we'll probably take them up on it.

The airfare to Europe is nearly as much as the cruise so we would hate for Delta to go belly up.

Thanks, Lauren, CSA is the insurance our TA recommends for cruise ins. so we'll probably take them up on it.

The airfare to Europe is nearly as much as the cruise so we would hate for Delta to go belly up.

From the CSA website part of Insuremytrip. This specifically states insolvency, but I would bet there is a restriction on coverage for strikes and bankrupt airlines. There are restrictions in most travel insurance policies for most bankrupt airlines. These restrictions include most anything the airline has a problem with, including strikes and walkouts. The date the policy was purchased and the date bankruptcy was filed are usually the deciding dates. Better check again to be sure.

Travel Supplier Restrictions

Effective Date - Sat October 15, 2005

Financial Insolvency/Default coverage will not be provided for travel suppliers already in bankruptcy.

Archived