Rockland's Bird Sanctuary

frugal one

I've read that this is a fabulous option to do when a short tour is booked thru the cruise and you have extra time to get back on the ship. Trip advisor and others give it top ratings. What I see is that I (& family) need to take a taxi there. And that it's near the town of Anchovy about a 1/2 hour from Montego Bay. So with an extra 2 hours, it would be a perfect fit.

But I'm reading that even the taxi drivers don't know where it is :eek:

So I'm thinking that one of you fabulous people out there may have better details on this than me. I've googled for an hour and I'm not able to find their direct website. Anyone out there that's found this one?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

frugal one,

I doubt that they have a website. it is a private home. the previous owner died a couple of years ago. I think she was in her late 90's. It took her 6 years before the first bird would land and feed. It is only about 10-15 minute drive from the pier, but it is up a road that requires 4 wheel drive to access. the only operator i know of that does tours to it is barrett adventures. you can see my pics at http://www.oldmedic.smugmug.com if I can be of further assistance, please let me know. oldmedic

you can see my pics at www.oldmedic.smugmug.com
Chuckle - it was actually your photos that convinced me that this was an experience not to be missed! Both hubby and I are wildlife lovers and we don't do the zoos. This looks fabulous :)

I think we are just going to have to "wing" it. We're doing the Original Canopy Tour thru the ship. When we get back, we're just going to try to get a taxi or driver to take us there.

Still not clear on the best directions to give the driver. Hoping someone out there knows...

If we're not able to find, maybe I'll see if Barrett will take us on this only. Their full day packages look fabulous but alas, the men want to do the Canopy Tour and that can only be booked thru the cruise lines.

Archived