Post photos of your wedding crafts here!

carrievision

J's Gal, where did you get the cruise die-cut that you have on your welcome door hangers? All the ones I find resemble an actual cruise ship, and I'd like one more along the lines of what you have.

I have a Cricut machine that I use for scrapbooking. The cruise ship is on a cartridge called "Going Places." If you'd like, I could cut them for you and only charge for supplies, i.e. paper and shipping...email me if you'd like to discuss details. sonobekah1@sbcglobal.net

So many great ideas and nice things everyone is making. These are the times when I wished I had at least a single crafty gene in my DNA. I tried scrapbooking for a while, but my pages all ended up being plain backgrounds with photos in a block pattern and a small square of more plain paper in another color behind the photos. I was the failure/disgrace of all the people at the one class I took and the few open scrapping nights I attended so I gave up and bought a whole bunch of new, slide in photo albums at TJMaxx and Marshalls to put all my newer photos in.

I think my big problem is that I'm too afraid of anything patterned or potentially visually distracting. Or maybe I'm just a freak of nature. All the ladies at the open scrapbooking sessions looked at me like I had two heads or something because I couldn't get the swing of it.

So many great ideas and nice things everyone is making. These are the times when I wished I had at least a single crafty gene in my DNA. I tried scrapbooking for a while, but my pages all ended up being plain backgrounds with photos in a block pattern and a small square of more plain paper in another color behind the photos. I was the failure/disgrace of all the people at the one class I took and the few open scrapping nights I attended so I gave up and bought a whole bunch of new, slide in photo albums at TJMaxx and Marshalls to put all my newer photos in.

I think my big problem is that I'm too afraid of anything patterned or potentially visually distracting. Or maybe I'm just a freak of nature. All the ladies at the open scrapbooking sessions looked at me like I had two heads or something because I couldn't get the swing of it.

You're being way too hard on yourself :( I did scrapbooking for a while. I was pretty good at it, but it was getting a little expensive. Did you ever try a photobook? You need zero creativity to do it. It's at shutterfly.com, and here's the one I made for my cruise last year:

Carnival Miracle

It's an 8x8 book, and 20 pages are included in the cost of $29.99...you can add as many additional pages as you want for $1 a page, and all you do is drag and drop your photos onto the pre-labeled photo spots. It took all of 10 minutes to make, and it gets printed in a hardcover book. It's a great way to have a really crafty memory, without having to do all the work.

You're being way too hard on yourself :( I did scrapbooking for a while. I was pretty good at it, but it was getting a little expensive. Did you ever try a photobook? You need zero creativity to do it. It's at shutterfly.com, and here's the one I made for my cruise last year:

Carnival Miracle

It's an 8x8 book, and 20 pages are included in the cost of $29.99...you can add as many additional pages as you want for $1 a page, and all you do is drag and drop your photos onto the pre-labeled photo spots. It took all of 10 minutes to make, and it gets printed in a hardcover book. It's a great way to have a really crafty memory, without having to do all the work.

Sabrina that book is amazing! I love it. I am so going to have one (or 3) made after the wedding cruise. those would be great gifts for the Mother of the bride/groom. And it really isn't that expensive. Is it good quality ? and the photos are printed right on the page like a book right?

Carnival Miracle

That is so cute! I am just learning how to scrapbook, but this looks way more my speed, and completely reasonably priced! Love it!

Thanks!

Rene, the quality is outstanding, and even better than I thought it would be when I ordered it. The photos are printed right onto the pages. I was worried that the ones I used to take up the whole page would be blurry, but they were of amazing quality. No one that I showed the book to believed that they were my pictures, and they thought it was made by the cruise ship. Everything from the front cover to the back cover were pictures taken by us.

It's completely customizable, too. You get to the first page, pick how many pictures you want on the page and they show you a bunch of different layouts with that specific number of picture openings, then you can choose a background, and write whatever you want. It is also available in a 12x12 book for $44.99 (I believe) and $1.50 for each additional page. I got the 8x8 one, and I definitely do not regret not getting the 12x12. I'm planning to make them as gifts for the immediate family after our cruise, too. It's a great gift idea!

Rene,

Awesome monogram! I had one too I would share but my adobe photoshop ended and now I cant open the file. Grr

Do you mind sending me your template? I would love to change some colors around and stuff.

Thanks!

nolesgirl724 at yahoo

Ashley

Sabrett,

What an awesome album! And that's a great idea, by the way. A good solution for my complete lack of creativity.

Thanks for the idea. A few years back a friend sent me a link to some of her vacation photos on Shutterfly. I knew they made prints but I had no idea that they had a function for making books like that. I'm so excited about using that now! Yippee!

You girls have mail!

Thanks for sending it. I have not tried it out yet. Power point is on a different PC and I keep not getting to it. We went on a short cruise this weeekend. Now I have tt buckle down and finish wedding stuff!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Here I have something I can post :)

Here are our door hangers we plan on posting on each door. We were going to make them hangers, but on our last cruise we went on Celebrity and they have door hangers for privacy notice and they flew off every time we opened the door. So we decided to just post them on the door.

My good friend made them all, and she made Chris and I our own special one :)

1981514119_doorhangers.jpg.c4bd01e6a5535bf4278f07776f04bbc5.jpg

doorhanger2.jpg.3ee98c00aeb93f049bbe15de350ecab1.jpg

doorhanger3.jpg.8fbee711a142cfe29127b164fefbca7c.jpg

I know this isn't really anything big....it was our inivations that were mailed out. I will be making bags with little travel size things for sailing guests and I can post pics up when they are done...

Picture1.jpg.bc5c56dc1736847d1738ab95ec3be2c7.jpg

Here I have something I can post :)

Here are our door hangers we plan on posting on each door. We were going to make them hangers, but on our last cruise we went on Celebrity and they have door hangers for privacy notice and they flew off every time we opened the door. So we decided to just post them on the door.

My good friend made them all, and she made Chris and I our own special one :)

Wow these look great, what kind of paper did your friend use in the background?

You girls have mail!

Emily, I am not sure all that I am going to do with it but I am definitely going to do an Iron on transfer of it on my OOT bags. I tried it yesterday and it turned out great. I am also going to make stickers but I might just make my own. I only have to make around 20 of everything so I am lucky in that aspect. As for changing out the cruise ship, that should be easy. just click and move it out of the mono or right click and cut. Then put in the one you prefer.

Renee-Please send me the power point file as well. I love the little monogram you made!! butchers3@verizon.net

Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived