Rays, Reef & Rum Point Question

dyanna72

We have already booked our excursion for this tour. My question is for those who have gone on this before is there any point in this tour in which you are in the ocean that you cannot touch the bottom? My DH cannot swim & will not get into the water if he cannot touch the bottom floor. I would hate for him to go on this excursion & not be able to enjoy himself. Any info would be helpful. Thanks.

When you snorkle, you will not be able to touch bottom. That is 1 stop out of the 3. I believe they do provide floatation vests.

I can't tell if you are worried because he can't swim, or because his fear won't allow him to swim even with a floatation vest. If it is fear based, I highly suggest you try to work through this fear beforehand--a therapy, taking swim classes, etc--so you both can enjoy your trip!

My DH and I just took this tour last week. Since I'm not a swimmer, I simply stayed onboard the boat when everyone went snorkeling at the reef. The stingray sandbar was about chest high (I'm 5'3") at it's deepest so your DH should have no problems there. Life vest are available if that would make him more comfortable. We had a fantastic time and I'm sure you will too.

Archived