SOS Marco Polo & Astoria

alpaca111

My wife and I were sad to hear that it appears the MS Marco Polo and MS Astoria are on the way to be scrapped.

I see efforts to restore historic ships on a regular basis. The sea going paddle ship Waverly in the UK comes to mind.  Surely preserving the operating, classic & historic Marco Polo and Astoria would be worthwhile.

The bookings for both ships have either been sold out or nearly so for the last couple years.  It would be possible to preserve these classic ocean Cruise Liners and make a profit as well.

With the auction price of the Marco Polo estimated to be in the range of £3 to £6 million, it would seem a bargain for a currently operating ship with current certification.  An investment which could pay off after the pandemic.  I'm not sure where else one could purchase an already operating ocean cruise liner in that price range.

So I've brought online a site (using a petition site format) to demonstrate passenger loyalty by committing to book cruises on either or both of these ships for any company that purchases them.  The site went public today.  Should  you be interested here's the site:

https://petition.gppixelworks.co.uk/

SOS-onlyShips.jpg