HELP! Cabin Changes

ellie&iain

Hi all,

We're booked on Voyager transatlantic in May in a D2 forward cabin.

I've been watching the website and noticed that a D3 has become available which is in a more central position.

My hubby called our TA to change the cabin and they have said that there will be a cost of almost £100 to do so ($160ish).

I can't see how this can be correct - we are actually going down a grade!! She said that the prices had gone up this week so they could sell the D3 for more now but I don't see that it should matter - we are releasing a D2 that they could sell for the higher price too!!

Can anyone confirm if this is right? Or if i should call back and argue?

Many thanks

Ellie

Hi Ellie,

In my experience, what they are saying is correct. They will let you change rooms, but for a category change (regardless of up or down) it will be at the prevailing rate. You can try calling again and talking to a supervisor, see if they can waive it an at least respect the price you paid for the D2...

Regards,

Enrique

so we get the AFT cabin we want. I sit & watch the rate climb month after month, so DO NOT give up what you had for a lesser location which you will hate. D3 is loads smaller than my D1 & I love being high up. I am a D3 rate now for what I bought for our European/Scandinavia cruise in May, which is also a member cruise.

Thanks for your comments.

In the end, I got fed up with the TA and called RCI - they confirmed exactly what you said - I can change for free within my grade but to go up or down will cost me.

It seems crazy since D3 and D2 are the same price, it's just that the price for them is more than when we booked a few weeks ago. However, I accept the explanation. If the price went down i'd want the money back it's only fair I should pay if it goes up.

We are keen on cabins in the middle of the hump and, according to the deck plan for Voyager Deck 9, cabin 9322 is a D2 which should mean a free swap - yeah!

However, 9322 is coming up as being a D1 on the website (which is showing no D2 availability! I spoke to RCL who agreed that the plan showed it as D2 but that as it was being listed in their pricing as a D1 then there was nothing they could do!!

Not very happy about that as an explanation but what can you do!?!

Hope this made sense - it's kind of complicated to explain!!

Ellie

12 weeks to go til our first Transatlantic - on Voyager!

Archived