Cruise Question - P Sun N611

James 'n' Katrina

Hello all,

Re: Pacific Sun - Cruise N611 Secret Treasures 2 Apr 2006.

Currently we are unable to access the cruise personaliser and P and O have failed to answer our email sent 3 days ago. So I thought I would ask you guys about what we would like to know as I know there are a few people here going on that particular cruise.

Has the information for theme nights and formal nights been released as yet for this cruise, if it is the case could someone who knows what they are please let us know. I am sure that P and O will get back to me sometime next week but all the talk on here about such events has us curious. Work commitments are not going to offer very much time for either of us between now and then. I (James) am a huge fan of theme nights and I often like to find a way to add some humour to the night, usually at my expense.

Also with my daughter and niece - my daughter is 11 and my niece is 13. Are they going to be able to attend the same kids group together??? Or are they going to have to organise there own fun if they wish to stay together? One reason I am bring my niece is so that the two girls can look out for each other. I feel more comfortable with the girls roaming the ship together. Two heads are better than one.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers:cool:

Hi James

From what I've read on hear you don't find out about theme nights until a couple of days before the cruise. A bit slack isn't it? Doesn't give you time to sort out your costumes. At earliest it would be when you get your tickets.

Karen

I don't think they change much,I think it was a bit of a fizzer myself.On our cruise not many got into it,except for Island night.We had country and western,some wore scarves etc.PJ nite the young ones ran around in silky slips.My cousins did put their Pjs on a bit early and came to listen to the music. Island nite we took all the gear with us and it ended up being the evening of Vila so everyone bought stuff there, I think they do this often,good for the economy! This one turned out the best.Oh! we had a super heroes one too but only saw the crew wearing anything different. All changes were done after dinner

I see you changed your cruise,much better weather wise. we went last feb and it was sooo humid that at times was unpleasant.I wouldn't go feb/mar again

Yes I am hoping that the weather will be pleasant at that time of the year. We are from Townsville so humid hot weather is something we are very used to. As long as the rooms are cool and the pool is full and there is enough beer and food. We will survive.

RE: Theme Nights

That is a shame - it is pretty hard to prepare for a fun theme night when you have no idea what to prepare for. Obviously it is just another way to try and squeeze another dollar from passengers. O well. we will just have to work off the trend from past cruises and take a couple of small items.

Thanks guys

Hello all' date='

Currently we are unable to access the cruise personaliser and P and O have failed to answer our email sent 3 days ago. So I thought I would ask you guys about what we would like to know as I know there are a few people here going on that particular cruise.

Has the information for theme nights and formal nights been released as yet for this cruise, if it is the case could someone who knows what they are please let us know. I am sure that P and O will get back to me sometime next week but all the talk on here about such events has us curious. Work commitments are not going to offer very much time for either of us between now and then. I (James) am a huge fan of theme nights and I often like to find a way to add some humour to the night, usually at my expense.

Also with my daughter and niece - my daughter is 11 and my niece is 13. Are they going to be able to attend the same kids group together??? Or are they going to have to organise there own fun if they wish to stay together? One reason I am bring my niece is so that the two girls can look out for each other. I feel more comfortable with the girls roaming the ship together. Two heads are better than one.

Hi James

P&O use to tell you to call them 1 week before cruise to find out about theme nights. They will most likely tell you that they do all the theme nights:rolleyes:

The shark shack is for 7-12yr olds and the teen club is for 13yr olds and over. When on board you may be able to ask if your neice can go into the shark shack. I cant see why she wouldnt.

Kazza

Hello all' date='

James

We took our daughters 15 & 12 a couple of years ago and our 12 yo didn't want to go into the younger club so I asked the guys running the Teen group if she would be ok with her older sister. This was not a problem, so ask the guys running the Teen group if it's ok for her join her cousin.:) We also found that there weren't many 10-12 yo, so she would have been on her own most of the time if she couldn't be with her sister.

Kerri

Archived