RSSC v Saga

SallyRobert

Just wondering if any RSSC cruisers have ever been on a Saga cruise? And if so, did it compare favourably with RSSC? And if not, why not? We have seen what we think looks like a good offer for Dec 2022, but generally, if something looks too good to be true, it generally is! Looking forward to your thoughts.

I have never been on a Saga cruise but know people who have. I don’t believe that you can compare the two. One is luxury ( Regent) and one (Saga) is very much lower mid market more like P&O. Just compare the pricing!

It would be interesting to see a nationality comparison between the two. I would expect Saga to be mainly British, whereas Regent varies greatly on the areas being cruised. 

TBH I’ve not really been interested in too many other lines, I’ve found a product I like and will probably stick with it. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, swansong said:

I have never been on a Saga cruise but know people who have. I don’t believe that you can compare the two. One is luxury ( Regent) and one (Saga) is very much lower mid market more like P&O. Just compare the pricing!

Thanks Swansong. I was only asking as Saga have now gone all inclusive and seem to be “upping their game” with the new ships. Excursions included etc. I find the idea of departing from Southampton quite attractive but not sure of the compromise.

As a previous response indicated Saga guests are almost exclusively British whilst Regent are normally 80% US and maybe 10 to 15% British  on average. However as I mentioned comparing the Regent experience with Saga is apples and oranges. We have used Regent for 20 years and wouldn’t use anyone else (. and we have tried others over the years ) assuming all goes back to what is was eventually before the pandemic. Saga wouldn’t tick our boxes in any way. 

• Like 2

Hello

Ive cruised with both Regent (gold member)and Saga. 
whilst we like Regent very much they have become very expensive and are now favouring Oceania.

we have cruised a few times with Saga usually because our friends are keen Saga travellers.

They are different ...

They are not luxury but good British....

the staterooms are very nice (with balcony) 

Room service is included.

wi fi is included.

tips are included.

speciality dining is included (not as good as Oceania/Regent but very acceptable)

nice coffee areas  with baristas and snacks.

library also has self service drinks and cookies.

I believe drinks are now included also some free excursions.

Dining room is acceptable to good.

service is excellent.

Another plus is the included taxi to the ship.Routing can be difficult to understand  when sharing but with Covid 19 I would assume taxis wouldn’t be shared and home to ship would be direct.

Value for money is excellent....