Question about comforter/bedspreads

momof1cutie

I was reading on another site about how rarely the comforters/bedspreads are changed in hotels and how dirty they really are. Does anyone know how often they are changed on the ships? Would it be ok for me to ask for a clean one when I get into my room? I will have my 3 year daughter with us who has extremely sensitive skin and picks up all kinds of weird skin infections.

btw - I'm not really a clean freak but when it comes to my daughter I try to take as many precautions as possible.

Thanks!

Sandy

Our last cruise, they collected the bedspreads the evening of the last day, ,,,,,other than that most recent trip, I hadn't noticed.

On to VICTORY !!

~C

Victory 5/2004

Celebration 7/89

Triumph 6/2001

Victory 5/2002

Triumph 5/2003

Celebration 2/2004'Noro'SURVIVOR

How would you really know they are giving you a clean one?

<html>

<head>

<title></title>

</head>

<body>

<font color="#FF0000">Grand Princess 2-2001</font>

<font color="#0000FF">Grand Princess 12-2001</font>

<font color="#FF8000">Carnival Paradise 3-2002</font>

<font color="#FF00FF">Carnival Destiny 10-2002</font>

<font color="#008000">Golden Princess 10-2003</font>

<font color="#0000A0">Carnival Legend 6-8-2004</font>

dice.gif

</body>

</html>

I can't answer your question about how often the spreads are changed, BUT I'd like to offer a suggestion. Something I do - take a small can of Lysol spray. I spray the bedding, as well as the chair.

I'm not a fanatic, but you can't be too careful. On one cruise (after a virus scare), I also removed the spread and blanket and asked that they NOT be put back on the bed. I got extra sheets to use as 'cover'.

Festivale 1987

Carnivale 1988

Mardi Gras 1989

Pacific Princess 1990

Norway 1994

Holiday 2001

Holiday 2002

Holiday 2003

I have them take away the bedspreads on the first day...partially because I am a little phobic and partially b/c they just get in the way. I then politely ask the steward for a couple of extra sheets which I myself put on the bed as a "spread". The steward on the first cruise just left me an extra sheet each day and the steward on the first cruise remade the bed as I had left it.

doris

"I travel a lot; I hate having my life disrupted by routine"--Caskie Stinnett

Elation 10/20/02

Paradise 9/21/03

Star Princess 10/24/04

That is scary to think about - I would hope that they would be changed - people sit on there naked, and who knows what else they do? Gross! icon_eek.gif

Carnival GLory 11/06/04

Carnival Legend 2/03 ( had to cancel at last minute)

Carnival Pride 4/27/02

Sitmar Fairsea 4/ 1983 ( I was just a little kid!!)

If you ask for a "new" one and are still not convinced that one is clean - you can always use the ships laundry.

Liv...Winds are 15 knots and holding....the whole world is a drop zone!

newparach.gif

saintsinners.gif

valorvampires.gif

NCL Sky 2/02

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>btw - I'm not really a clean freak but when it comes to my daughter I try to take as many precautions as possible.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Momof1cutie,

To alleviate your concerns about this issue why not just pack your daughter's favorite light weight blanket from home? Have the room steward remove the ship supplied blankets/spreads from the room & use your own. You'd be surprised how many passengers even bring their own pillows!

Don't want to totally gross anyone out but....

There was a hotel cleaning person murdered here. They tried to use the bedspread from the room to get DNA evidence. You can probably guess what type of "bodily fluids" they got from it but what was shocking to me was that they found them from too many people to be able to use it. It was pretty sick!

Kristi - Atom.gif

"No shoes, no shirt, no problem..."

Fantasy 3/95, Fascination 12/01, Conquest 1/03, Glory 9/03, Conquest 1/04, Mariner 9/04, Miracle 2/05

<<Our last cruise, they collected the bedspreads the evening of the last day, >>

That's just to keep you from stealing them.

Carnival Carnivale -1988

Carnival Celebration - 2001

Carnival Celebration -June 2004

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Host Kristi:

Don't want to totally gross anyone out but....

There was a hotel cleaning person murdered here. They tried to use the bedspread from the room to get DNA evidence. You can probably guess what type of "bodily fluids" they got from it but what was shocking to me was that they found them from too many people to be able to use it. It was pretty sick!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ewww....that is gross.

Liv...Winds are 15 knots and holding....the whole world is a drop zone!

newparach.gif

saintsinners.gif

valorvampires.gif

NCL Sky 2/02

a lady got killed in a hotel in where my dh was staying I think it was louisville. ANyway dh is stying in town, a guy working at the hotel he was at( thanks god it wasnt THE hotel) a man killed a hooker and then the guy stuffed her between the box springs/mattress. no one knew till they smelled somehing weird. Gross!

my first cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;5;8;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 holiday family cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=da70d6&cdt=2004;11;12;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Days til Valor Vampires Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;10;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

valorvampires.gif

You know... There are just some things in life you just don't need to know! That is just gross! icon_frown.gif

I don't bring my own sheets but I always take my own pillowcase whenever I travel. I also carry my favorite Body Splash (Bath and Body Works or Victoria's Secret) and spray the heck out of the bed! Don't know if it makes it any cleaner but it sure smells good! icon_biggrin.gif

What's even more sick is that one of my co-workers got some kind of fungus on his feet from a hotel tub!!! Because of the line of business we are in, we travel alot and it's pretty sick the stuff you sometimes see in hotels!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pgmrdev:

How would you really know they are giving you a clean one?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

THE VOICE OF DISSENTION!!

(where is that voice comin from??)(looks around)

Sensation 5/15/2004

Days til Valor Vampires Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;10;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

valorvampires.gif

Archived