Infinity -- Just Got Back -- Review

catchafairy

We were on the Infinity cruising the Eastern Caribbean from 1/29-2/5. The ship is gorgeous...the meals are scrumptious...the entertainment would feel at home in a top-of-the-line off-Broadway venue (translation...fabulous). We were originally booked in a CC room on the Penthouse Deck but, for reasons unknown to us, we were upgraded to a SS on the Penthouse Deck. All I can say is...thank you and WOW!

From what I've heard, the excursions in Casa de Campo were a waste of time. We took the free shuttle to Altos de Chavon, hired a private guide, and thoroughly enjoyed the 16th century replica of a Mediterranean village (the views were awesome). We also took the free shuttle to the marina and enjoyed a drink with views of several magnificent yachts. Our neighbors went to the show at the Altos de Chavon’s amphitheater...Kandela...and loved it.

We took the walking tour of the old city in San Juan and it was entertaining, informative, and very interesting. After the tour, we had lunch at an outdoor cafe and proceeded to explore the interesting shops in the area. One of my all-time favorites, having been there many times, is JOSEPH MACHINI. Even if you don't buy anything, it's worth a visit to this mini-gallery. If you do buy something, you'll be getting the deal of a lifetime. They're honest and offer their customers "bang for the buck". No...we're not related and they're not paying me to endorse them .

My husband went scuba diving in St. Thomas (one of his worst dive experiences) and I went on the Blackbeard's Hill tour. The tour was interesting and scenic, but nothing special. I was dropped off in the main shopping district and, with 5 cruise ships in port, you can only imagine how crowded it was. After 10 minutes, I headed back to the shops at the pier. Not much there, but at least you didn't feel as if you were on a NYC subway.

We went on the Blackbeard's Cay Beach Break tour in Nassau and, although the beach was nothing special, the ferry ride was fun and the view of the resorts on Cable Beach was pretty. I think it would have been more enjoyable, if we had been able to spend more than two hours at the beach.

The only disappointment was the food in the specialty restaurant. The service was superb and they put on quite a show, but the food was mediocre at best. We had originally booked two nights but, after the first night's food fiasco, we canceled the second night.

If you enjoy having facials, the spa is a nice treat. While it wasn't the best facial I've ever had, it was still very good and relaxing.

Happy sailing, all!

Rochelle

Archived