Main or Verandah?

Don't know if I made the wrong choice, but my TA just called and offered me an upgrade from cabins 4158 & 4160 w/balconies on the Main deck to 7248 & 7250 w/extended balconies on the Verandah deck. Since she was rushing me for a decision, I said OK. But after I hung up I panicked and called Carnival to find out the difference between the decks. She told me the lower decks are more stable and it's a matter of preference. Well, I'm worried about my husband getting seasick and that's why I picked midship on Main deck to begin with. These new cabins were farther back but not all the way back but of course 3 decks higher up.

Anyway, I just called my TA back and told her I wanted my old cabins back, which luckily Carnival hadn't given away yet, so I'm OK.

So did I make a stupid mistake? Should I have taken the upgrade? The original cabins are right by the atrium elevators which I thought would be very convenient. This is our first cruise and I hope I made the right choice. Any opinions?

Jen

PS The ship is the Miracle

I would have taken the upgrade of three decks from the Main Deck to the Verendah Deck. Plus you were being upgraded from a balcony to an extended balcony. But if you choose your Main Deck rooms for a specific reason like you said then you need to be happy with your decision. Your original rooms are not that further midship than the new ones, just one elevator bank over.

If it were me, I'd have snapped up that upgrade in a nanoscond. Extended balconies are wonderful. JMOYMMV

Relax, you *still* have nice cabins. Did the TA offer you some OBC if you did not want the upgraded cabins?

[B]Tom <--- Curmudgeon of the Seas[/B]
[img]http://members.aol.com/guitarzen/detroit100.gif[/img]
Eleven cruises so far. Up next:
Shhhh, it's a surprise!
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=e9967a&cdt=2004;10;9;7;10;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
And then:
Carnival Spirit 12/10/05 Mexican Riviera
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2005;12;10;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]
Perhaps something else in the works as well. Watch this space.
[I]Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when somebody's watching.[/I]

Archived