is Acapulco safe ?

melika091900

Ive seen this question before , but i wanted to ask again since we are taking our 5 year old on her 1st cruise this year to mexico,, we have booked carnival pride ( which doesnt include acapulco) but we might change our minds to the spirit,,

I heard a lot of negative things about acapulco and i was wondering what anyone thinks about taking kids there ??? thanks in advance

melissa

We did Acapulco last year on the Spirit. It is a really safe place if you stay in the public areas, if you go off in the back alley etc. It would be like being as safe as night in a back alley in SanFran( not a good idea).We did the Acapulco Getaway through the ship and it was the best time ever. Great hospitality and fantastic things to do.They serve you a buffet lunch and all the drinks you can handle. When you get off the ship you get onto a small bus right at the terminal yards( inside fenced area) the bus takes you to the beach, you then go to an area that is roped off for your enjoyment.There will be alot of locals selling their wares but the attendants will not allow them inside the rope and they will not allow them to hound you. Over to the right side there is a fella named Edwardo( tattooed on his chest) he is very freindly fella, my DH took a parasail ride for the first time in his life and only paid 25.00 for a half hour ride.I went with his friend on his sea doo out into the bay. You and your family will have lots of time to swim and relax in the sun. The excrusion is about 5 hours and I think is well worth the price.

If you have any questions about Acapulco specifically there is a guy that comes on the boards and goes by Acapulco port authority he is fabulous and will help you out. If you have questions about the Spirit, I can give you my opinion, and so will other CC'S.

Good luck with your choice

Archived