CDC Guidlines - Seven Day Or Less Duration?

Empehi

We live outside the USA & normally don't do any cruises as short as 7 days because it is way too short in my opinion considering the effort involved dealing with the visas, hotels & airline travel involved getting to and from the cruise departure point. 

The CDC rules only apply to cruises that stop in U.S. ports.  So the Sea Dream cruise was not under these rules.  Looks like a nice ship.   So the length of cruises outside the USA I think it will depend on the countries the ship stops in and the rules each country sets up for cruise lines.

Seems to me that the cruise industry will have a very slow start even when a vaccine becomes available.   It will take a year to vaccinate the USA and likely 2+ years to cover the entire planet. Also a good percentage of people always refuse to get the shots making matters even more complicated.   All countries will have their own requirements when dealing with cruise passengers.   This may vary depending on the country you are from as well.  Also some countries may not have access to a vaccine as soon as people in developed countries. The incubation period for Covid-19 is not fully known yet, the CDC is only guessing at this point how long after exposure a test will pick up the virus in your body. .  So if you have a test 72 hours before boarding and another when getting on the ship you still could have picked up the virus on the flight, in the airport  or from the taxi driver.  So passengers could still be infected when they board.  Nothing is 100% safe.  I have read that some people that recovered from Covid-19 were infected a second time.......... so it is possible one would need a booster shot every year or two. Time will tell. 

Limiting a cruise to a 7 day period would definitely save money for the cruise lines should the cruise be cancelled due to an infection onboard.  However most cruisers I think like longer cruises.