Big Black Dick Rum

Bob and Suzie

We were in GC in 2004 and bought some BBDR and it was awesome. We were wondering if any of you who are going to GC in the near future could check to see if they have a website where we could order some. We've not been able to find a website nor any one who carries the product here in the states. Any help would be great. Thank you in advance and please have a great time in GC, it's such a great place.:D

Cathie and Bob

We were in GC in 2004 and bought some BBDR and it was awesome. We were wondering if any of you who are going to GC in the near future could check to see if they have a website where we could order some. We've not been able to find a website nor any one who carries the product here in the states. Any help would be great. Thank you in advance and please have a great time in GC, it's such a great place.:D

Cathie and Bob

Hey Cathie and Bob, did you see that post a little while ago about this booze store? ... a lady posted that she bought booze there, and they would only deliver it to her ship, not let her take it, and sure enough, it never came before she sailed. So she finally got ahold of them and they refunded her money, but she said when she Googled "Big Black Dick Rum" she couldn't believe the web sites that took her to :-))

Anyway, we like rum, and I wanted to ask what impressed you about it? ... we like smooth rums like Bacardi Gold, but not the strong 151 proof rums. We'll be in GC in March.

-Bob

Thank you everyone for your help and Kitty we did find a distributor out of Miami that can sell it. Bob, our Cathie did a google search on BBD and she still hasn't gotten off of the laptop:D . We too like a nice smooth Rum...151 is one of our favs. The BBDR that we had was quite good and smooth but yet with a nice after taste. I've seen others on CC complain that theirs wasn't any good. I guess that's why some people like Tanquray Gin and others prefer Bombay:rolleyes: Anyway, again, thank you all very much for being helpful.

Bob and Cathie

• 3 weeks later...

We'll be in GC in April and would like to add it to our collection. Would also be interested in whether it's better (cheaper) to buy in the states (and where) vs. buying in GC.

Thanks!

In Georgetown, Grand Cayman. It's in a little hidden square .... we followed an alley in between buildings and it opened up into a wonderful shopping area. Now, I'm sure you can get there from a street - however, we stumbled upon it - so I'm not much help there.

Try their website - they might give you more of an exact location.

In Georgetown, Grand Cayman. It's in a little hidden square .... we followed an alley in between buildings and it opened up into a wonderful shopping area. Now, I'm sure you can get there from a street - however, we stumbled upon it - so I'm not much help there.

Try their website - they might give you more of an exact location.

I think that's the duty free shops right near the port. There's a small bookstore, and a couple of other shops. I remember it having a second floor, but I don't recall seeing any shops upstairs. The little mall also attaches to a jewelry store which opens to the street. I believe the name of the street is Cardinal. I tried to buy rum there, and they wouldn't sell it to me. They said it was for cruise ship passengers only. We had to get our duty free rum at the airport.

Archived