Dunn's River Falls & River Tubing Adventure Ocho Rios Combo Tour

atthebeachcc

Hi! Have not done this tour with Island Marketing, but back in Nov. my husband and I used Ione McBeam to do both of these and had a great time. We did Dunns River first, and were actually the first people to climb that day. When we finished there her husband was waiting to pick us up and took us to the river and hooked us up with a guide. We were the only 3 people tubing the river at the time, but when we were finishing another bus of people came up. Then he took us to do some shopping and then to lunch. After lunch we went and spent a couple of hours at Mahogany beach, then he picked us up and took us back to Island Marketplace and Margaritaville. Ione and her husband were both very nice and prompt. Every time he was supposed to be somewhere to pick us up he was, and he took us anywhere we wanted to go. The entire day cost us $120 which we thought was a great deal for everything we got to do. However, if we had it do over, we both agree we would skip Mahogany beach and just have gone back to the beach at Margaritaville. Mahogany beach was not that nice, and there were alot of people there. Have a great time on your trip, and if I can answer any questions let me know.

I just used Ionie McBeam for the tubing/falls. I think we paid $55 for an adult. The tubing was not crowded at all- just our group of 12 people, the falls were crowded. Ionie dropped us off at both stops and picked us /up at a predetermined time. Her husband drove us up through Fern Gully???? to see the rain forest. The shops near the pier are nice for tourist stuff and the beach at Margarittaville looked nice, much better than the one at the bottom of the falls.

I would assume there are snakes around, but I did not see any while I was in the water. The water is fairly clear so I guess I would have seen them had they be there. And, unless you stop mid way (which my group did not) you will not actually be in the water at all. At the start you sort of fall into your tube and at the end you are on the bank just walking out.

Archived