Travel time to Noordam

luvemcruzes

We flew into LaGuardia on a Saturday and took the shuttle to a hotel about 6 blocks from the pier. Granted, we waited for the shuttle to load but the travel time was about 30 minutes.

HAL starts boarding at 11:30. Alot of people do get there early. We got there on Sunday at 11:45 and were on board by 12:15.

You can have your TA arrange a transfer from the airport to the pier from HAL. It costs about $30 which is about $15 more pp than the non-HAL shuttle.

There are many options in NY. Check the NY airports website.

GN

I've lived in NYC almost all my life so please take this seriously. No matter what the ideal time is from either JFK or LaGuardia (30 minutes from LaGuardia is very good time with no traffic and about 40 minutes is ideal from JFK with no traffic. ) Regardless, make sure you have two hours, just in case. Weekend or not NYC traffic, events, etc can turn against you in a heartbeat. I'd steer clear of the JFK shuttle and splurge on either a Limo or a cab. You might be able to arrange a shuttle bus ride to one of the nearby hotels though which might do fine.

We are also on 3/4 Noordam. Driving in a few days early, and looking for best route to pier. Staying at Marriott Marquis.

On the NYPST site it says...enter cruise vessels....by way of vehicle ramp at 55th ST.

Goes on to say later....arriving by private vehicle should drive up 54th ST viaduct.

Is my best bet from the Marriott to get to 55th St. heading west?

Once I hit 12th ave, will there be a ramp directly in front of me to get me into the terminal?

Trying to use mapquest or some other does not work well, because address of terminal shows no where near 54th/55th.

>a detail planner

How long betwenn JFK and port? Best way to do this? cab, limo, shuttle

From JFK there is a flat rate for taxis of $45 plus $4 bridge or tunnel toll to anywhere in Manhatten. It is not a metered rate as it is from LGA.

I always think it is faster to let the driver take the Triborough Bridge and pay the toll than asking him to take the 59th Street bridge where there is no toll.

Is my best bet from the Marriott to get to 55th St. heading west?

Once I hit 12th ave, will there be a ramp directly in front of me to get me into the terminal?

That is what I told the taxi driver. Drive up 8th Avenue to 55th, over past 12th, up the ramp and hang a left untl you see where the longshoremen are taking the luggage.

I've lived in NYC almost all my life so please take this seriously. No matter what the ideal time is from either JFK or LaGuardia (30 minutes from LaGuardia is very good time with no traffic and about 40 minutes is ideal from JFK with no traffic. ) Regardless, make sure you have two hours, just in case. Weekend or not NYC traffic, events, etc can turn against you in a heartbeat. I'd steer clear of the JFK shuttle and splurge on either a Limo or a cab. You might be able to arrange a shuttle bus ride to one of the nearby hotels though which might do fine.

I can only second this! Lifelong NYC resident here. Forget the maps and average times. Please allow 1.5 to 2 hours to the pier from JFK or LaGuardia or you may be late. Have a great time!

Archived