Trouble booking excursions through Carnival

Tiger Shark

Since we have such a late flight home after our cruise I checked out Carnival's excursions in Miami and would like to book one for us. But the website will only allow me to "view" excursions, not "book" them. I booked excursions in Nassau through the website and had no problem. Any idea why I can't book them in Miami? Thanks for the help!

I just spoke to a carnival rep and they are working on the website, you can't view any of the cruises (i was looking at the Liberty) after April. She said that they are making changes to alot of the trips. THe liberty will no longer be going to Coz it will go to Costa Maya.

Since they are working on the website - that may be why you can't book your excursions.

Since we have such a late flight home after our cruise I checked out Carnival's excursions in Miami and would like to book one for us. But the website will only allow me to "view" excursions, not "book" them. I booked excursions in Nassau through the website and had no problem. Any idea why I can't book them in Miami? Thanks for the help!

Usually you can only book excursions for port you are disembarking at (Miami in your case) when you are onboard. You can book excursions for ports of call (ones you stop at while in transit) on-line.

Hope this helps.

Part of the reason maybe that not enough people sign up for shore excurisons when debarking. We had that problem in Tampa. We had a later flight I really was lookking forward to a city tour before we got back to the airport but there wasn't enough interest....it worked out anyway because Dennis was coming in and we wanted out of Tampa! We got to the airport in time for a 11am flight!

I'll keep trying through the website later in the week, but if it doesn't work then I guess it's as you say and I'll have to try to book on the ship.

Wait, do you mean we don't have to take the 6:30 PM flight Carnival booked us on? How can you take an earlier flight than the one you have tickets for? I guess it's pretty obvious we're not very experienced travelers. :rolleyes:

Archived