LA/LONG BEACH/SAN DIEGO CRUISE TRAFFIC HEADS UP!!!

sdl

icon_eek.gif

WARNING!!!!!

There have been two wildcat (unannounced and unapproved) strike actions in the last day on LA-area freeways by truckers protesting the increased price of diesel fuel.

In one, Freeway 5 near Coronado (on way to SD) had many big rigs deliberately abandoned in lanes and caused massive traffic tieups and delays.

In the other, truckers on the Harbor Freeway (from LAX to the terminals) deliberately slowed WAY down in the late AM, causing massive delays.

Note:

I have no knowledge that these actions will lead to more, but I CAN tell you that the local news coverage show very 'enthusiastic' truckers protesting on foot, and that does not bode well for this being a one-day thing....

S

I agree that this is only the start of things to come. I live in So Cal and would be taking the Harbor Freeway to the pier in Long Beach. I'm already checking out alternatives like taking service streets all the way there.

Kathy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;5;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

05/30/04 Carnival Pride cruise & the wraparound balcony

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;6;28;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

06/28/04 Ecstasy-

Mom's 80th birthday surprise!!

Ecstasy 09/13/02

Ecstasy 05/26/03

I was thinking of this yesterday as I heard it on the news, since I'm leaving on the PRIDE in the morning. Thanks for posting and reminding me. I'll be driving straight down the 405 from Valencia to the Long Beach Frwy to Long Beach.

Its good to know that Carnival now uses the Long Beach terminal (next to the grand ole lady THE QUEEN MARY), so traffic on the Harbor Freeway from the 405 to the San Pedro terminal is now no longer necessary.

Incidentally, diesel jumped 30 cents last week to $2.50 per gallon. Ahhhhhhhhh, I remember the days when you paid the premium for a diesel engine because it got nearly TWICE the mileage as gas and the cost of diesel fuel was HALF the price of gas !! icon_frown.gif

My how things can change in a generation. icon_eek.gif

Live well, love much, laugh often

Gary icon_cool.gif

Dolphins.gif

Originally posted by glrounds:

Incidentally, diesel jumped 30 cents last week to $2.50 per gallon. icon_frown.gif

My how things can change in a generation. icon_eek.gif

Live well, love much, laugh often

Gary

And here we are in Tennessee whining and complaining about regular gas being $ 1.69!!!

icon_razz.gifSandra

Till CONQUEST family and friends cruise!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;5;16;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

TILL LadySpoilt BECOMES A FULL FLEDGED ROYAL HOUND

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;09;19;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Days til Miracle Partae Pirates Cruise from Tampa

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;02;13;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

partaepiratessmallsmall.gif?mtbrand=AOL_US

Archived