Opinions on the Elation out of Galveston?

jimbug

Hi all,

I am considering taking my mother on one of the 7-day Mexico cruises out of Galveston on the Carnival Elation next spring. I have to admit that I read *several* terrible reviews on this ship & itinerary. However, I'm open to real opinions, and really want to take this cruise since the price is right and we are within driving distance of this port. (I realize NCL & Princess also have Galveston departures, but they are almost twice as much, pricewise) Any opinions or suggestions will be much appreciated!!!

Sapphire Princess 6/20/04 (honeymoon)

Jim, pack up your mother and get your butt on that boat!

I have sailed her recently and am going to again in January. The price and itinerary are terrific---go for it! icon_biggrin.gif

Militant Breastfeeding & Homebirth Proponent-Sandra Carmichael

Mardi Gras 6/79

Mardi Gras 6/79

(back to back cruises)

Celebration 8/02

Splendour of the Seas 3/03

Jubilee 7/03

Conquest 1/04

Celebration 1/04

Elation 2/04

Elation *coming again* 1/05

I agree. We had a great cruise on Elation for the price. One thing to keep in mind about reviews. You will usually find rave revues as well as horrible ones, even from people on the same week. People have different expectations and personal preferences. A well written revue will provide information which is of benefit to the reader. Often bad revues say little more than "We hated it". Without saying why it tells me more about the author than the ship.

The Elation is a nice ship. We found fun things to do in Progreso and Belize city. Almost every western itinerary on any line will stop in Cozumel. (an island we love) The cruise is an outstanding value.

We live an hour from the pier. We will sail on Elation again because it is such an outstanding value. We also plan to sail from South Florida next winter, probably on the legend though we have not decided yet.

When reading the revues digest what information is relavent to your likes and dislikes. If for the price you don't think you will enjoy the Elation then by all means spend more money on something else. It's your vacation, you should enjoy it.

Elation 11/2003

Conquest 01/2003

Jubilee 11/2002

Victory 02/2001

Destiny 02/2000

Geotide 11/1992

United States 06/1962

The NCl,out of Houston is usually comparable in price to the Elation.But I would definitly choose Elation.We were just about to book the Elation,when the price on the Rhapsody(RCI) dropped to the same price.

I was a little dissapointed,as I had been researching the Elation,and was really looking forward to it.I think the Rhapsody,and Elation are very close,giving the slight edge to Rhapsody,just because of the very open feeling,and all the glass,which makes for great viewing from anywhere.

The Elation on the other hand has some very unique deck areas,a water slide for the kiddos,and larger staterooms.Although the only

balconies Elation has,are suites.

What changed it for me were the itineraries.While I would not mind visiting Belize or Progresso on a land trip,for a caribbean cruise,its not my favorite choice.Lesser beach areas,not as clear water,and higher priced excursions.I think the reason the price on this sailing stays a litle cheaper,is due to the ports of call.There are very limited cruise ships that call here,and this helps keep the price down.If the ports of call interest you..I think you will have a great

time.

<RCI-Rhapsody- 2003

RCI-Rhapsody- 2004

until the return to the Rhapsody of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;09;12;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

netdiver.gif

There is a thread on this spot where people who are past Elation cruiser have entered lots of positive opinions. You might enjoy reading through the posts.

Judy

On the beach in Cozumel in...

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;06;23;6;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Elated to be on the Elation on 11/14

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;11;14;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

just to add if any one is interested, i am trying to get a cc group cruise together for the 9th of Jan. 2005 on the Elation. have posted a thread on the group cruise discussion board. if interested, please let me know. We sailed the Elation this past Feb. and loved the ship! some interesting ports, although our excursion got weathered out in Belize, we still had a fun day and are looking forward to going back in January.

Proud members of O.A.T.C.

Inspiration Sept,2001

Celebration Jan,2002

Celebration Oct.2002

Conquest Sept, 2003

Elation Feb. 2004

am369.gif

from the Alligator capitol of Texas- we dance to the Raggae beat!!!

diver_e0.gif

Just returned 4/25 and posted 2 reviews part 1 and 2. Take the cruise you will love the ship.

Elation 4/04

Celebration 5/03

Legend 4/03

Victory 4/02

Sensation 7/96

Holiday 7/94

Celebration 6/93

Archived