Can cab drivers drive you to the ship?

inncntman

Maybe this is obvious, but I've had cab drivers who didn't know how to get to major hotels that were minutes away from the airport. Soooooo, my question is: If I have a cab take us from our Ft Lauderdale hotel to the port, will the cab driver know where at the port to take us, and which ship is the Star Princess?

I have no idea how many ships will be in the port, nor how similar they look, nor how close the cabs/cars/shuttles get to the ship when unloading.

How do I know which ship is ours? Are there signs at the pier, or do I look for a Princess flag and/or name on the ship, or will the cab driver automatically know?

Thanks for your help in advance!!!!

Port Everglade is very easy to find. There is also a Security Check Point to pass thru. There is good signage as well. Not to mention you will see the Star :) love getting the first glimpse.

At the Terminal Building the cab is able to pull right up to the door for you, no worries.

Good Luck & Enjoy your cruise.

PS when are you going??

Ports like FLL and Miami have pretty good information to the cab drivers about the various ships in port and where they are berthed. I bet that the cab taking you from the hotel to the ship has already made at least one trip from a pier to someplace already that morning (remember people had to get off the ship before you get on the ship).

If they don't know the specific location most cabs have radios to check with their dispatch to locate the exact pier.

I would not really worry. A bus on the other hand might worry me a bit more in that if there are two or more Princess ships in port at the same time . you really have to watch where you get off the bus!

Archived