"Convertable Sofa" question...

jbmomto3

In the room description, it says "convertable sofa" is the size like a full/queen size or like a twin size? I want to make sure my three 4 1/2 year olds can fit on it comfortably! Thanks from a newbie to cruises. icon_smile.gif

jbmomto3

what ship and what category cabin are you in?

On fantasy class, at least, cat11 is single convertible sofa, cat12 is double convertible sofa.

Sensation 5/15/2004

Days til Valor Vampires Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;10;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

valorvampires.gif

we are planning on the Valor in March or April next year. Don't know yet what cabin we will be booking. When you say "single" does that mean one sofa that opens up? When it's opened, what is the size like, compared to a bed? I feel really clueless, I've never been on a cruise before, lol...

Hey, Sweetie

I haven't been on one yet, either..soon...

I have looked at the catalog and website. They 'say' single (as in twin size) and double (as in double bed size) I have also asked my PVP, and she said the same. Don't worry..someone else will give you more info soon - they always do.

Sensation 5/15/2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;10;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

valorvampires.gif

Hi, I was thinking that "single" means twin-size, but then again, I never saw a sofa-bed that was that small! I guess I'm just really hoping that it will be big enough for the kids. A twin sized bed or convertable sofa definitely won't do! Thanks for the info. Have a great 1st cruise! icon_smile.gif

Another question on the same subject...

How is it that the sofa, when opened, does not block the hallway to the Bathroom or the door? The room seems very narrow at that point and it would appear that an open sofa would extend past the hallway.

Imagination - Jan '96

Destiny - Jan '98

Miracle - July 3, 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;7;3;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Is the convertible sofa different on the Valor than the other Carnival ships?

On all of our Carnival cruises the "convertible sofa" was not a traditional "pull-out' or "hide-away" bed.

The back bolster cushions are removed by the room steward each evening & the sofa seating area is made up as a single bed (remaining parallel to the wall).

If it is a quad room, the 4th. sleeping berth is a single bunk that is lowered from the ceiling, directly over the sofa.

Ken & Nancy dog10.gif

12/2004 - Golden Princess

10/2004 - Fantasy Fest, Key West

03/2004 - Golden Princess

01/2004 - Carnival Legend

11/2003 - Carnival Glory

03/2003 - Carnival Spirit

02/2003 - Carnival Triumph

12/2002 - Carnival Legend

04/2002 - Carnival Victory

01/2002 - Carnival Sensation

12/2000 - Carnival Tropicale

puppy.gifcountdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2004;12;12;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  Until Sailing The Golden Princess

time98.gif

Expound, Salty...

What were they like on your cruises?

NEVER MIND...didn't see that part of your post when I posted..

Sensation 5/15/2004

valorvampires.gif

We just returned from the Miracle category 8A. The convertible sofa was just the sofa with the back bolsters taken off. It was made up as a bed (twin size) when we arrived and was never made back into a sofa the entire week.

On the Destiny, our sofa was a single. All cushions were removed and the bed seemed to lift up a bit out of the couch. It did not take up any extra space in the room. It was extremely comfortable. I slept like a baby.

Um. . .did you say THREE 4 1/2 year olds???? I couldn't even imangine. :-)

Pam

Pam

1st time cruiser

We had a tiny "convertible sofa" on the Triumph in our 8A balcony cabin. It wasn't nearly as big as the one pictured in the link above (in Salty Dawg's post). It had only one bolster cushion on the back. That was removed and sheets were placed on it at night. My then 9 y/o son was the only one small enough to sleep on it, and he was so disappointed because he wanted the top bunk. But there was no way our teenager could have slept on that sofa -- it was smaller than a loveseat.

Beth

~~~~~~~~~~~

Countdown to Glory

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;05;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Emerald Seas 6/86

Emerald Seas 11/87

S.S. Royale 10/88

Celebration 6/97

Grandeur of the Seas 6/98

Sensation 6/99

Carnival Triumph 6/00

Carnival Triumph 11/17/01

Enchantment of the Seas 10/27/02

Carnival Victory 5/25/03

Carnival Glory 5/22/04

We had a Cat 12 Penthouse on the GLory this year. The couch made into a queen size bed, I slept like a baby at night. Every morning the cabin steward made it up. Last time we had a Cat 12, I noticed there was a drop down bed in the ceiling, but we didn't use it.

Here is a pic of our room.. on last year's cruise.

These are set up like Bunk Beds.. but the bottom is the convertable sofa.

BTW.. this was on the Triumph Cat 8D.

Cathy

http://community.webshots.com/photo/73454413/73454728cTXsak

dolphin.gif

Ecstacy October 1992

Destiny October 1999

TRIUMPH May2003

Our TRIUMPHant Return! May 15th

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;05;15;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

http://community.webshots.com/user/catrin0917

Hi everyone,

Yes, it's the one with the triplets! They will be 4 1/2 when we cruise next year.

Thanks for all of the info about the convertable sofa, here I was thinking it was a pull-out bed! LOL, can you tell I've never been on a cruise before? icon_wink.gif So, I guess a suite is our best bet, I don't want to be squished in a tiny room and have no where for the boys to sleep comfortably! Thanks again, icon_razz.gif

Have you talked with your TA or anyone at Carnival yet? You will have to conform to how many people are allowed in a room. I know the penthouse only allows 4, the suite only allows 3, and the balcony's, insides and staterooms only allow 4. There may be a five out there but in the Conquest class I don't remember one... probably best to talk with them and see first what you are allowed to do and then go from there.

Beach People

Carnival Valor April 3 2005

Golden Princess April 3 2004

Carnival Conquest April 2003

Explorer of the Sea Apr./2001

Ocean Princess October 2000

JBmomto3 is correct. Since I just went through all of this a few days ago to sail on the Valor in April I found on the Conquest class only the staterooms connect (not balconies). We ended up booking a balcony and a inside accross the hall for the kids. Mine are much older so the connecting staterooms will probably be your only option.

Beach People

Carnival Valor April 3 2005

Golden Princess April 3 2004

Carnival Conquest April 2003

Explorer of the Sea Apr./2001

Ocean Princess October 2000

Archived