RCL 8-K Dated 2/22/21

NavArch64

As far as a Market Price of $87 / share for RCL is concerned, investors willing to pay that price generally expect others to be willing to pay greater than that at some point in time. If RCL recovers dramatically, that may be a reasonable assumption. If RCL struggles to recover, that may turn out to not be such a good assumption. In the near term,  RCL itself predicts a loss in 2021 and makes no predictions for 2022 and beyond.

I agree with smokeybandit. I would guess that a reasonable recovery scenario might be a big loss in 2021, a smaller loss in 2022 and breakeven in 2023. From there, maybe a $5.00 / share income target by 2025. RCL earned $8.95 / share in pre-pandemic 2019, so with the cost of new protocols and a higher debt/equity ratio in the corporate capital structure, $5.00 / share income could be achievable. If one uses a a nominal price / earnings multiple of 10, this would give a $50 price target for the stock. The current share price trading in the market today of $87 appears to be on the high side. Perhaps there are a number of speculators in the market.

39 minutes ago, NavArch64 said:

I agree with smokeybandit. I would guess that a reasonable recovery scenario might be a big loss in 2021, a smaller loss in 2022 and breakeven in 2023. From there, maybe a $5.00 / share income target by 2025. RCL earned $8.95 / share in pre-pandemic 2019, so with the cost of new protocols and a higher debt/equity ratio in the corporate capital structure, $5.00 / share income could be achievable. If one uses a a nominal price / earnings multiple of 10, this would give a $50 price target for the stock. The current share price trading in the market today of $87 appears to be on the high side. Perhaps there are a number of speculators in the market.

FWIW, pre-covid, Royal's P/E was between 14.5 and 21 for several years. 

While I expect that as mentioned on the call there will be restart costs, dropping less profitable, smaller ships and bringing on new large ships should have a nice positive impact on earnings as time goes on.