Which cabin is the better choice?

redsugar

From my understanding (haven't actually been in either cabin...so take this all with a grain of salt), both of these cabins are the same size. Neither has a larger balcony or special perks to it.

9620 is a "hump" cabin, which means you may have a slightly better view forward and back. Most people I've asked about these cabins on the Voyager class seem to think there really isn't anything special to these cabins. They are located midship, so that cabin would be in a convienient location for getting around. HOWEVER, the cabin might be noisy because of the elevators and such, and I have read a (one, single) report that the same cabin on the opposite side always seemed to have a cigerette smell lingering from the stairs/smoking areas below. This cabin has cabin decks above and below it.

1674 is the last cabin port side. Nobody ventures back that far unless they HAVE TO, meaning 1) it will probably be quieter, and 2) it will be a long walk for you to get to the front of the ship. Some people complain about vibrations and more motion near the aft. I try to sail aft (across the back), and I have never had these complaints myself. This cabin COULD also have noice because you are directly below the Windjammer seating area. Dropped trays, people moving chairs, tables, etc...

So...really, its a toss up for me. Honestly, I would probably book something in between the two in distance on the 9th deck if my beloved aft wasn't available.

Archived