St Thomas 7A - 5P, What to do?

Funcouple

Docked in St Thomas 7am to 5pm (March). We're not into the shopping, golfing, or hanging around the pier. What is there to do that is really unique? Already have done Trunk Bay. Daysails are beyond our budget ($125 per person).

Are there any of those giant Catamaran Sailing trips (the ones with the rum flowing freely? Or anything else unique?

Thanks.

consider haggling a tour at the pier after a bit of research. there is a sky or tram lift to the top of a mountain with a great overlook. I think it's $10pp you can walk there. on a tour you can not only see several beaches, but also see the overlook a magens bay, get some great photo shots. if you wish a boat outing, there will be locals, similar to the set up in dominica holding signs with excursions. I would ensure the return time leaves you 45 minutes because of traffic. I'm a beach and shopping person, so I can't help much more here, unless your interested in starting your certified scuba, coki is a good place for this.... while i's more expensive to get the card at home, if you cruise a bit, your excursions are cheaper with the dive card as you just rent the snorkel gear.

was there something else you were looking for?

I just returned from the Dawn a few days ago. We did the "Champagne Catamaran Sail and Snorkel" and it was fantastic. $69.00 per person gets you a drive to the marina (approx 15 minutes from the pier) a great sail to St. John where the catamaran dropped anchor and passengers could snorkel (equipment is provided) or swim about 75-100 yards to the beach (or both!). Once the swimming/snorkling is over the drinks start flowing. Champagne, a good selection of beer and Painkillers (rum, pineapple juice, sour mix & fresh nutmeg) were being poured as fast as you could drink. There was also a selection of chex mix/pretzles/chips followed by a great spread of fresh bread, cheese & fruit. There was more than enough to eat and drink while still anchored & while sailing back to St. Thomas. The excursion lasted approx 4 hours and you were dropped back to the pier where there are tons of little shops for quick souveniers/jewlery/liquor/cigarettes etc...

This is probably one of the best excursions I've ever taken and compared to all the others I thought $69 was excellent value.

The crew on the boat were really good fun too!

Archived