Show Times & Meal Planing

keith61

Hi all

We are departing on the Pacific Sun 30th June and was hoping someone could provide some advice as to the best time to have dinner to fit in with the shows and the childrens meals which I believe are at 5.00pm. The way I see it if childrens dinner is at 5 it would be a bit of a rush to go to the 6pm dinner sitting. Then if you dine at 8pm and attend the show you may have to leave early to pick up the kids from the childcare centre when it closes at 10pm. Can anyone provide some experiences.

Regards Keith

Hi Keith,

The kids dinner is much quicker than the adults and they are normally finished by 5:45pm. Only one parent needs to take the kids to the dinner and after a few nights it seems the parents at each table take turns supervising each others kids (if they are older that is!!).

When we took my nephews we would take turns taking them to dinner while the others were getting ready for dinner with the "designated adult" either getting ready before they took them or in the 15-30 minutes between them eating and the adults dinner. One of the other adults would then take the kids up to kids club.

I think it's all about personal choice. I don't like eating too late and prefer early dinner sitting. Yes it would probably be easier if you went to the later sitting but as you said you will probably have to leave the show earlier. Each time we have sailed with the kids was before they brought in the 10pm curfew.

Cheers,

Chaz:)

Thanks Chaz

Sounds like a plan. It would be dissapointing to have to miss some of the show to put the kids to bed.

Can you tell me what times the shows usually commence and conclude?

Cheers Keith

Hi Keith

Not sure if you realise or not but as far as I am aware, the kids can stay in kids club until 1am. It's just that you have to pay for it after 10pm. I've been told that it's $5 per hour first child & $2 p.h. each sibling.

Karen

Karen

Thanks for the tip. Do you know what time the second shows usually finish?

I would much rather have a later dinner as it prevents rushing when visiting ports and allows time for a couple of pre dinner drinks.

Interested in anyones thoughts.

Keith

Archived