Ship's time vs local time

babylene

I know this was written somewhere, but I can't find it. On our 4 cruises, only once did we experience a difference in time...this past Feb. in St. Martin. Is there any way to find out when and where there is a time difference? It would help in planning. Thanks for any info.

It would help if you told us where you're cruising and on what ship. On our Celebrity cruises, we always changed the clocks to reflect local time zones. For the most part, if you're in the Caribbean and you're doing the eastern from FL, there's one time change to reflect sailing from the Eastern Time Zone to Atlantic Time (one hour ahead). If you're doing the Western, there's one time change to reflect leaving Eastern Time to Central Time (one hour back).

Darcie

We have been on the same route with Celebrity - both Eastern and Western Caribbean - and sometimes we have had the time change and sometimes we haven't. It is not consistent.

Zenith-Western Caribbean-6/92

Zenith-Eastern Caribbean-6/93

Century-Maiden Voyage-12/95

Galaxy-Southern Caribbean-11/99

Mercury-Northbound Alaska-6/00

Millennium-Westbound Transatlantic-9/01

Horizon-Western Caribbean - Adults only cruise-11/02

Millennium-Westbound Transatlantic 10/26/03

Century - Western Caribbean 1/31/04

Thank you for your answers. My only experience with a time difference was in St. Martin on our Feb. cruise. For some reason the Zenith didn't co-ordinate their time with that on land...so we had to remember that it was 1 hour later on the ship. I have sailed to St. Martin on the Century and the time was not different. So..I was wondering if there was any rhyme or reason for this.

For instance, Kitty, the Galaxy will stop in Aruba ...but only until 4pm. If there is an hour's difference, in Aruba it will be 3 pm. That's really early to leave a port.

On the Galaxy this past March we stayed on ship's time for all but one port...Nassau. Ship's time was one hour behind local time, and this really limited our time in Nassau. By saying we had to be back on the ship by 12:45 ship's time (11:45 Nassau), it gave us an hour less...and YES we did leave 2 passengers behind that stayed on local time. It was really sad watching them wave to us as we left the port.

This also happened to us on the Millennium in Feb. 2000. We stayed on ship's time for all but Cozumel. As our luck had it, we had an independent excursion scheduled for later in the day, and we made it back to the ship with only seconds to spare....REALLY! We got to watch the door close behind us. After that I've never done another independent excursion.

Celebrity is just not consistant on when they stay on ship's time, and when they go on local time.

I know this isn't helping you...sorry!

Take Care,

Jaime

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2005;3;21;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until We're on the Summit!!

Archived