rccl exec. bonuses $$$

njtom

My first thought, oh never mind, no point in being rude, especially when it would be so easy. As long as I can get a cruise at a reasonable price, and thoroughly enjoy myself like I did on Grandeur last Fall, I don't really give a dam* what they pay their executives. As a Chief Petty Officer in the Navy, I didn't expect to get paid what my Commanding Officer did, even when he made mistakes that were directly attibutable to him, and not something he had no control over. Goodness knows, I was happy that they didn't hold it against me when one of my guys got in trouble drinking or doing something equally stupid after I'd already talked about the new policies on drinking until I was blue in the face. If you're having too much wealth envy with RCL, vote with your dollars and go somewhere else. Just a thought.......

Wraithe

I agree with ya Wraithe......my hubby was a Senior Chief in the Navy and wasn't paid near what he should have been, IMHO. Military pay isn't what people think it is! Who cares what the execs are being paid?? Any day cruising is a good day. :)

Now i know where all my bingo bucks went.......

personally , i think their bonuses should get smaller for every person they lose overbord or go "missing" ...just a thought....

RCCL discloses executive bonuses

11/2/2006

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. reported annual bonus amounts and salary changes for its top executives. According to a filing, 2005 bonuses are as follows: Chairman and ceo Richard Fain, $2,744,610; evp and cfo Luis Leon, $979,997; Royal Caribbean International president Adam Goldstein, $897,356; Celebrity Cruises president Dan Hanrahan, $568,901; and corporate evp revenue performance Brian Rice, $548,384.

The filing also noted that the 2006 base salary for Hanrahan was increased to $500,000 from $425,000, and for Rice, to $450,000 from $350,000. The increases in base salaries for other top executives were each less than 10%. Goldstein’s 2005 salary was $525,000. The 2005 salaries for Fain and Leon have not yet been disclosed. However, for the sake of reference, Fain’s 2004 salary was $987,000 and Leon’s, $509,000.

In addition, the following target bonus amounts were set for 2006: Fain, 130% of his base salary; and Leon, Goldstein, Hanrahan and Rice, 70% of their respective base salaries. For Fain, Leon and Rice, 75% of the target bonus will be based on company performance goals (a net income figure) and 25% on individual performance goals. For Goldstein and Hanrahan, 38% of the target bonus will be based on brand performance goals (a specific EBITDA figure), 37% on company performance goals and 25% on individual performance goals.

Depending on the level of net income achieved, the level of brand-specific EBITDA, and/or the individual goals achieved, 5% to 300% of the target bonus amounts may be awarded. According to the filing, after determining the bonus based on these factors, the amount may be increased or decreased by up to 15% at the discretion of Royal Caribbean’s Compensation Committee, depending on EBITDA performance levels relative to leading industry competitors.

Yeah? You think that's bad? Check out Bob Nardelli from Home Depot. I refuse to shop there anymore, and I do have a close working relationship with them, but not as a customer.(or an employee) They are all about corporate income and could care less about customer service since Bob took over. You're lucky to even find an employee in the dept.'s now....

CEO/Chairman of the Board/President/Director at

Home Depot, Inc.

Atlanta, Georgia

SERVICES / HOME IMPROVEMENT STORES

Officer since December 2000

Director since 2000

56 years old

Chairman of The Home Depot, Inc. since January 2002; President and Chief Executive Officer of The Home Depot, Inc. since December 2000; President and Chief Executive Officer of GE Power Systems from 1995 through December 2000; Member of the Board of The Coca-Cola Company (through 2005 Annual Meeting of Shareowners).

Cash Compensation (FY January 2005)

Salary$2,000,000

Bonus$5,750,000

Latest FY other short-term comp. $6,355,146

Latest FY other long-term comp. $14,394,696

Total $28,499,842

I won't even get into his stocks, it'll make you sick.

You would think that they would take some of the money before the bonuses were givin out to help fix all those smelly sewage problems on board some of their ships as well as upgrade some of the menus so that they would not have to force people to eat in the specialty restaurants. Still would have been more than enought bonus money left for all.
Their entire bonuses applied to upgrading the menus would have allowed for around an additional 25 cents per passenger per day. Do you really think that would have made a noticable difference in your dinner?

Archived