1st timer to Celebrity

jenrn1

Want to get some opinions. We usually cruise with Disney because we love the service. Tried RCCL last year and won't do that again. Liked the ship but felt that the service was really lack lustre. Here is my question. Our friends really want us to go with them on Celebrity (although, they have never travelled with them either) for a 4 day. How are the kids clubs and how is the service? I am trying to keep an open mind for our friends! TIA

Never done Disney...But we cruised the forerunner to Disney--the now-defunct Premier Big Red Boat...We've also cruised Royal Caribbean, Carnival, Norwegian, Princess...and Celebrity...

For our money, of those, Celebrity's service...and food...far surpasses the others...

I really recommend the M-Class ships--Millennium, Infinity, Summit and Constellation--These ships are among the roomiest at sea...91,000 gross tons with 2,032 sailing at double occupancy...

As a comparison, Disney's ships are 83,000 gross tons (gross tons is a measurement of space/volume, not weight) and have 875 staterooms--but, because of the nature of the line, virtually none of those cabins ever sail at ONLY double occupancy--they put a lot more people in a smaller space...

It won't be as much geared to the kids as a Disney cruise, but, trust me, the kids program will keep them plenty happy...and for adults, this is just one great cruise line...

Have fun...

Our first 3 cruises were Disney (4-day, Eastern, and Western.) After our last one, in October 2004, we were ready for a little something different. We felt that Disney was trying to provide a superior experience but was being sabotaged by some of their clientele (shorts and ball caps in the dining rooms, etc.) We did a 12-night New England-Canada on Constellation in October, and it was fabulous! The food was vastly superior to Disney's and the service was at least as good and perhaps better in some ways. On a short cruise the kids should have lots of company and the facilities and staff for them are excellent. We only had 12 kids on our cruise (time of year/itinerary/length.)

Think we will be doing it. Have to agree that Disney is getting a little lax with the dress (or lack thereof) they are allowing in the main dining rooms. Don't know about everyone else, but I love getting all dressed up for dinner. We leave the shorts for when we dine al fresco.

Archived