Virtuosa UK cruises-anyone else been upgraded to Aurea

simon stingray

Hi all.

We initially booked an inside Bella stateroom on the MSC website and paid In full. After a few hours we had 2nd thoughts and called to upgrade to a Balcony Bella and paid the difference. The following day (yesterday) when I logged in it showed that there was a further £600+ outstanding (taking the total cruise fare to over £2k). 

I called and was informed not to worry as we had been given a complimentary upgrade from Bella to Aurea and the outstanding balance would be removed from the booking. I also queried the premium drinks package as it had changed on the booking and now reflected as "Easy Drinks Package & Spa".

I was told not to worry as all these UK sailings came with the Premium package and everything would be ok once onboard. 

The outstanding balance has been removed from the booking but the drinks package still shows Aurea Easy Drinks & Spa.  

There is now an option on our booking under beverages to upgrade from Easy to Premium drinks for £36 per passenger.

Have anyone else had their booking upgraded and should I be worried about the drinks package?

Not a bad upgrade, but I'm sure with the Aurea upgrade, you don't get complimentary access to the spa. Only if you've paid for Aurea. I booked an inside and remain in an inside... for now at least.

With regards to the drinks package, the easy package is standard with the Aurea Package, and as such I suspect this is why it shows as easy. but everyone on board gets free premium drinks so i think this would sort itself out. Just keep your eye on it.

On 4/15/2021 at 3:38 PM, simon stingray said:

Hi all.

We initially booked an inside Bella stateroom on the MSC website and paid In full. After a few hours we had 2nd thoughts and called to upgrade to a Balcony Bella and paid the difference. The following day (yesterday) when I logged in it showed that there was a further £600+ outstanding (taking the total cruise fare to over £2k). 

I called and was informed not to worry as we had been given a complimentary upgrade from Bella to Aurea and the outstanding balance would be removed from the booking. I also queried the premium drinks package as it had changed on the booking and now reflected as "Easy Drinks Package & Spa".

I was told not to worry as all these UK sailings came with the Premium package and everything would be ok once onboard. 

The outstanding balance has been removed from the booking but the drinks package still shows Aurea Easy Drinks & Spa.  

There is now an option on our booking under beverages to upgrade from Easy to Premium drinks for £36 per passenger.

Have anyone else had their booking upgraded and should I be worried about the drinks package?

Can I ask , did they charge a fee or just the difference in price ?

3 hours ago, debgreg said:

Can I ask , did they charge a fee or just the difference in price ?

When we called to upgrade from an Inside to a Balcony, they just worked out the difference and charged us that (less the discount). What they charged us agreed with the figures I worked out and we weren't charged any fee for changing the booking.  

We weren't charged anything when they upgraded us from Bella to Aurea.