Passport requirement for UK travellers on UK itineraries

NeroliGirl

Does anyone know whether a passport will be required for UK travellers who are sailing on one of the Silhouette's UK itineraries this summer? And if so, does the passport need to have a minimum number of months before expiry?

I've tried looking at the Celebrity FAQs but I haven't been able to find any guidance.

2.6 WHAT ARE THE PASSPORT AND VISA REQUIREMENTS FOR MY HOLIDAY?

If you are a British citizen (including children and infants), you must have your own full 10 year (5 year for children) passport which is valid for at least 6 months after your expected return date to the UK. Guests holding non British passports should check with relevant embassies.

Applies to all cruises.

So my query was really that we won't be leaving the UK, so the 'expected return date to the UK' isn't entirely relevant. For example, if I were to fly from Southampton to Belfast and return to Southampton, I would not need a passport as another recognised identity document would be accepted (I did it once and used my work ID pass as my identity). So could I use my driving licence to provide my identity?

5 hours ago, NeroliGirl said:

So my query was really that we won't be leaving the UK, so the 'expected return date to the UK' isn't entirely relevant. For example, if I were to fly from Southampton to Belfast and return to Southampton, I would not need a passport as another recognised identity document would be accepted (I did it once and used my work ID pass as my identity). So could I use my driving licence to provide my identity?

My reply stated Celebrity passport requirements regardless of from where and to where the ship sails.

I have completed a few ship  day tours in the past, where the ship does not leave port. All lines asked for passport details pre visit and on the day passports were inspected retained and returned as we disembarked.

I'm sure it's a security issue.