white spaces next to inside cabins on deck 2 on discovery

Hi, I was hoping for some advice on choosing an inside cabin on deck 2 and was looking 2049,2051,2053 and 2055 they are next to a large white space so just unsure what that is? and also they are close to the lift so would that area be noisy? The other block that is fairly midship are cabin numbers 2527-2527 has anyone stayed in that area and if so were they quiet? I know low down is best for motion sickness so was looking at deck 2 but would there be more vibration there? It's our first time on the Discovery so would appreciate any feedback.

Hi We love Discovery, great ship, but can't help with lower decks as we have on ever been on deck 8 but I can say that we did not have a problem with movement at the stern or port side on that deck. We did have a storm force 10 one night and had to gather in the Atrium which was ok so I would imagine that lower decks would also be OK. Any other questions about the ship just ask. 

Just one recommendation if you do go inside take a good emergency light, last time on Discovery we had a power cut for several hours which was a major issue for the inside cabins. 

If I've looked at it right the gaps just look like spaces next to stairs etc but I may have got that wrong. 

I can't comment on deck 2 as we always stay on deck 8 and personally stay away from the lifts and stairs if possible. Personally I would look at around 2039 ish if I was going on that deck, my OH is very picky about his cabin. 

The ship is lovely, been on it a few times. 

Thank you to everyone who replied, pensioncruiser  I will remember to take a good torch, thank you for that tip! And Roaming Rover  I was puzzled what the white squares were would never have thought of service shafts, we are actually now looking at Discovery 2  the deck plans look identical so I assume they don't  really have any differences?