Phil Lafayette Tour

mmboogie107

I know many of you have been on Phil's tour. I just wanted to know that when you are on this tour are you just with YOUR party or are you with other people. In addition, have you ever experienced being rushed because Phil is running other tours. Thanks any input is extremely appreciated. :)

Hi,I took Phil's tour in 2004. He has a small mini van that holds a max of about 15 people. This is all he allows on this tours. My tour was a mixed of four friends, two honeymooning couples, a family and myself. Phil stated that he enjoys small groups where everyone can interact with each other.

Now, I had a co-worker who used Phil and it was just her family on that tour. I think that was because it was 14 of them.

If you have a group of about this size and Phil don't have others booked for that date, most likey he will take just your group. But e-mail him with an inquiry.

Phil is very flexiable and will not rush you (he makes sure at the start of the tour to get everyone's ship departure time). For example, with the family that was on my tour, the grandmother had no intrest and ability to climb Dunn's Fall. While everyone else went climbing, he took the grandmother and her daughter to a resturant for lunch and drove them around sightseeing until it was time to pick us up at the falls. He offered everyone else the same option (time pending) at the end of the tour and even return to pick them up and take them to the pier.

Phil will show you around at the best rates and you will have a great time.

We were on Phil's tour at the end of January. I've never laughed so much on a tour before. As he says - "when you leave you'll be talkin' fast and walkin' slow". He points out lots of interesting information and he's a pretty good singer as well. The tour had a few people on it, we were a party of six with three other couples/parties I think. When one of the young girls on our tour needed a restroom break, he stopped at a local school and sorted things. We arrived at Dunn's river just before the hordes so didn't have to queue. I would definitely recommend Phil to anyone seeking an entertaining tour.

Martin and Pauline Tetlow

Archived