NCL | Jade | August 8, 2021 | Greek Islands

My husband and I just booked this cruise and are excited to be back at sea! We've loved our two experiences with NCL and can't wait to see what cruising in the Mediterranean is like.

Our first cruise had great FOD meetups, but our cruise to Cuba on the Sun didn't have a great LGBT meetup. They were assigned to the Champagne Bar, which is nice but very public and didn't foster any sort of community. I also wonder if it wasn't a priority as it was only a 4 night itinerary and people were less interested in socializing given how little time there was. 

Hello! My husband and I just booked this cruise recently and we can't wait to get back on board NCL. We're arriving in Athens on Saturday before the cruise to maybe explore the city a little. NCL is our go-to cruise line, as we appreciate the free-style cruising and have always liked the staff on board. While this will be our second Mediterranean cruise, we are going to try and balance out excursions with free time to explore on our own (maybe some shopping or wine on a rooftop cafe overlooking the bay). For us it's been a hit-or-miss with the FOD meetups. But it would be nice to meet some cool folks to maybe have a drink or dinner with on board. We're pretty much ready to go, but now we're just trying to sort thru all the Covid preparations and contingencies that we might run into.  😷

-David

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys (stepintheleft) - looks like we're the only folks posting so far for a potential LGBT meetup. My husband and I would love to meet you guys during this upcoming cruise. If you'd like, you can email me and maybe we can coordinate meeting up for drinks or dinner sometime on the cruise. My email is davidesp99@gmail.com.  Look forward to hearing from you guys.

-David

Hello guys . My partner and I booked cruises a few days ago after our cruise on the Joy was cancelled. Looking forward to meeting everyone onboard and possibly meeting up for drinks. We are arriving in Athens two days before the cruise .

Johan and Brian

3 hours ago, jmele999 said:

Hello guys . My partner and I booked cruises a few days ago after our cruise on the Joy was cancelled. Looking forward to meeting everyone onboard and possibly meeting up for drinks. We are arriving in Athens two days before the cruise .

Johan and Brian

Hello Johan and Brian - glad that you will be joining us on this cruise. I am also extending the same invite for you guys to email us so that we can hopefully coordinate a time to meet (davidesp99@gmail.com). My husband (Tjin) and I will be arriving on the Saturday morning before we depart. Since the cruise is not scheduled to leave port until 11:00 pm on Sunday night, we figured that would give us all day Saturday and Sunday to check out Athens. We have yet to book a hotel for the one night. The last time we were in Greece several years ago, we stayed at the Attalos Hotel. It was okay, and had a great rooftop patio view of the Acropolis. But the walls were super thin and you could hear everything going on in the hallway and other rooms. So we were looking for something centrally located and near a subway metro, but maybe a little nicer. Any suggestions?

David & Tjin