Intercontinental West Miami to Bayside, 2/18/2006 - advice please x

Adelicious

Hi there fellow cruisers

We fly from the UK into Miami next Saturday due to arrive 17.45. I can imagine it will take quite a while to get through immigration, find our Princess rep and be transferred to our hotel so am anticipating only a couple of hours in the evening to explore.

Would it therefore be feasible to hail a taxi to Bayside?

Will Bayside be open late Saturday evening?

How much is a taxi likely to be please and how far away from the Hotel is Bayside?

Any other recommendations for entertainment during this brief soirée in Miami?

I am unsure as to what time we will be collected for our transfer the following morning to join the Star in Fort Lauderdale but just incase we have time to spare any suggestions for a little sightseeing would be more than welcome.

This is to be the start of our honeymoon - I am so excited its ridiculous lol.

Thank you for your help - I just LOVE this board.

Adele xxx

If I was coming all the way from England, and was on my honeymoon, and wanted the best one night in Miami before my cruise, I'd spend the $30 or so for a taxi to South Beach, and I'd get dropped off at 5th and Ocean Drive and I'd just walk north on Ocean Drive and you will find a great evenings entertainment. Stay out all night. Take it all in.

The only thing that might be a problem is a traffic back up and waiting in traffic time charges which will increase the cost of the taxi ride.

Adele, South Beach is the hip area of Miami Beach loaded with clubs and restaurants and models and their admirers from all over the world. On a Saturday night, things are just getting started at 2300 and continue until dawn. I just returned to Miami on a cruise, and at 0530 there was a solid line of taillights leaving Sobe, as South Beach is known.

The vast majority of the action takes place on Ocean Drive between 5th and 15th streets. Also on the parallel Collins Avenue, and on Washington Ave around 14th St. There are also some very hot clubs south of 5th like B.E.D and Opium Garden.

Here's a good site to start you off. http://www.cooljunkie.com and for some recommendations, http://www.southbeach-usa.com/features/best/best.htm

Archived