No Passport?

Cruisin & parrot, you should have it by now.

Actually, all you had to do was right click on the avatar then select "save as". Save it to your computer then when you wish to use this avatar, go into the control panel on cruise critic and load this particular file.

Cage Keeper, I always fly out of The Big Tomato, and checking my luggage in for my flight, I show my passport; at the boarding gate all I show is my passport. Upon arriving at a foreign country, such as Southern California, :-)out comes my passport.

OK Treven, you lost me on the Big Tomato. Heard of the Big Apple, but don't know what the Big Tomato is:confused: . We don't fly, we drive every where. Other than when I was a teenager, we flew once to Vegas. We're into camping and hiking, so we have a full size Express van we drive. We rotate every other year between tent camping in the National parks, to Staying at Disney and Universal in a deluxe resort.;) This is our first cruise. If we do take another (every one tells us cruising is additive):rolleyes: it won't be for a couple of years. The last two camping trips we drove 8000 miles each.:D

INDEED!!!

The name originated back in the 70s or 80s as sort of a back-handed compliment from Herb Caen, a columnist for the San Francisco Chronicle. How/why he compared this little hick town to New York is something I never could figure out.

In addition, and approximately the same time frame, processing plants here in Sacramento (there were, I believe, 4) would handle approx 75% of the tomatos grown in Calif. This same area, from just below Sacramento down through the heart of the state, called The Central Valley, grew about 90% of the countrys tomatos. During the summer, every day, all day long, the highways leading into Sacramento would be filled with 40' tractor-trailers full of tomatos. If I was on my motorcycle, I would never ride behind one of those; I didn't want to get pelted with tomatos falling off the truck.

And that, boyz & girrrlls, concludes this history/agri lesson for today.

Didn't Congress just pass a law in the last couple of weeks allowing the Dept of State to raise the fee again? I heard that on C-SPAN so maybe it is an "at will" thing. If the fee goes up another $30 or more, the 'savings' of waiting a few years will be moot.

Plus, there is the e-passport issue. It isn't that I don't trust the government to design the passport so it can't be used to target Americans. Its just that I do trust that someone (along with advances in technology) will design a way overcome any defences over the span of 10 years. Anyway, I have to get a renewal last year but I'm happy to have gotten non-e-passport.

Mike

Archived