What to do around Bridgetown?

Martin and Lindsey

We are on a cruise on Serenade at the beginning of April. We are going swimming with the turtles in the morning and get back to the ship around lunch time. Any ideas of things to do during the afternoon? We haven't been to Barbados before, and although we enjoy the beach, are there other things we should see while we are there? Suggestions would be helpful :D

We are on a cruise on Serenade at the beginning of April. We are going swimming with the turtles in the morning and get back to the ship around lunch time. Any ideas of things to do during the afternoon? We haven't been to Barbados before, and although we enjoy the beach, are there other things we should see while we are there? Suggestions would be helpful :D

Martin and Lindsey...what day and time is your ship going to be in port? If it is a Sunday there may not be much to do as most places are closed.

Let me know

Martin and Lindsey...what day and time is your ship going to be in port? If it is a Sunday there may not be much to do as most places are closed.

Let me know

Just wanted to pop in and say Hi to Keith. Hope your cruise planning is going well.

Just wanted to pop in and say Hi to Keith. Hope your cruise planning is going well.

Hi habby...how are you doing? The cruise plans are going well, made my final payment last week and the TA says docs should be here this week...whoopee:D.

How are your plans coming along?

Martin and Lindsey: These folks on here have given you some excellent suggestions. After your excursion(depending on where they drop you off) you can take a leisurely stroll thru bridgetown. We have some pretty historic buildings in the city, including our parliament buildings and a church called 'The St. Michael's Cathedral" it is a pretty historic Anglican/Episcopalian Church.

The city is not that big so you can easily browse around and not get lost and on the main street...(Broad Street) as someone suggested you can go to one of the watering holes and people watch...either from ground level or from high up...depending on which one you choose.

If there is anything in particular you would like to know about let me know and I will try my best to assist you.

Enjoy your visit to the island

Re the christmas Ornament.. most of the items we have for Christmas come from over and away (as the old time bajans would say). From the US and UK and Canada. Not sure you're going to find a Barbados specific ornament.

having said that, I was at Earthworks Pottery on Monday (having lunch with the owner.. Goldie Spieler, who is a very interesting person).. and noticed in the shop they had some Pottery Christmas Ornaments. Not sure if you can get them in town or at Pelican Village. Most look as if the workers probably said.. lets make some Christmas ornaments and just did them.. non specific.. Candy Canes and Trees etc. didn't really look at them too long and hard, but you might be interested in that.

The walking tour is actually interesting.. While I've never actually taken it, I have been taken on a verbal walking tour by a noted local historian and it's very interesting.

Enjoy your cruise and stay.

Also re ornament. If you want to find a relay beautiful unique ornament try The Shell Galley they make the most beautiful Christmas tree ornaments with shells. The have some amazing angels :)

Have a great time in Barbados

Earthworks is also great it is an amazing place to visit:)

• 2 weeks later...

I need some help. I am looking for a specific bottle of rum. The company name is Sangster. They are in Jmaica and export to many of the Caribbean islands. The very very sad part for me is they don't export to the US:( .

If you see this brand any where could you please let me know. The Banana Cream flavor is wonderful.

However I am looking forward to buying some Malibu rum when I get there.:D

I need some help. I am looking for a specific bottle of rum. The company name is Sangster. They are in Jmaica and export to many of the Caribbean islands. The very very sad part for me is they don't export to the US:( .

If you see this brand any where could you please let me know. The Banana Cream flavor is wonderful.

My e-mail is angelaandjohn@charter.net

Thank you thank you thank you for your help

My e-mail is angelaandjohn@charter.net

Thank you thank you thank you for your help

----------------------------------------------------

If you are unable to find your rum on Barbados, please contact Malcolm at Jamaica Direct:

http://www.ja-direct.com/liqueurs.html

He'll take care of you.

----------------------------------------------------

If you are unable to find your rum on Barbados, please contact Malcolm at Jamaica Direct:

http://www.ja-direct.com/liqueurs.html

He'll take care of you.

The bad problem with this website, is the cost factor. In Jamaica I can buy a 1.75 liter of Sangster Banana Cream Rum for 18.00 US Dollars. This site wants to sell it for 25.00 with 29.00 for shipping.....:eek:

The bad problem with this website, is the cost factor. In Jamaica I can buy a 1.75 liter of Sangster Banana Cream Rum for 18.00 US Dollars. This site wants to sell it for 25.00 with 29.00 for shipping.....:eek:

I'm really sorry.

You didn't mention that price was an object in your OP, just that you were unable to get it shipped to you in the states.

Actually, the $29 dollar shipping doesn't increase for added product, so if you bought 6 bottles, that would only be $4.34/btl.

Just giving you an option in case you strike out on the other islands. Specialty items bought and shipped from afar always cost more than they do in person.

Good luck!

Archived